Forums

How often do you change your golf ball?

•  

I hate to sound like a broken record but I try to use only two or three during a round. I will start with a "1" and use it until it either gets too scuffed up by my wedge...or the occasional tree or cart path. The other reason to remove it from play would be the "rogue" to quote m-girl. A triple bogey would sentence the ball to my practice shag bag.

• 377 points

I tend to play the same ball longer than most.  Even if it gets pretty scuffed up, I'll keep using the same ball if I'm playing well.  I think it's bad luck otherwise.

•  

I never have that problem as I have probably played 2 rounds since I started back 2 years ago with 1 ball. I usually end up playing anywhere from my 2-6 ball !

•  

i have more balls than i know what to do with, but my "inner-cheapness" keeps me playing a ball well longer than i should.  i have bins of "new" balls in my basement (perks of formerly owning a golf store) that i should be used.  by the time i get to them they'll be brand new, but old.

• 3627 points

You guys don't go all tour pro and play a new ball each hole? :)

•  

If I was fortunate enough to get a couple dozen a week free like the tour pros, I would switch out every hole as well.  Until then, I will try to save as much as possible :)

•  

Been using the same ball the past 40 something holes, with my old square grooves a ball would be lucky to last nine holes.

•  

If a ball makes it the whole round, it goes to the shag bag.  I have been using a couple per round lately.  Like em to stay somewhat white.

TT

•  

I change golf balls as often as I lose or scuff them. These become practice balls or hazard fodder (why loose a good one..)

-ICONs for ALL

•  
    Devin_Gmitter

Been using the same ball the past 40 something holes, with my old square grooves a ball would be lucky to last nine holes.

40 holes? What are you playing, Putt-Putt?! Lol
    • 2625 points

I use the same ball until it gets scuffed up.  I don't notice an difference in performance as the gets increasing usage(but I am also not a long hitter). 

•  

If I am playing well I will not change my ball regardless of how bad it looks. When I played in tournaments I changed balls at the turn, just a fun round or practice I will only switch out it it gets a nasty gash in it.

•  

Devin_Gmitter

don't you have buckets of Pro V1s laying around the office like candy?!?!?  haha.

•  
    I change my ball when I loose it because I don't want to buy new balls every week because it is too expensive
  •  

tdogg21

Devin_Gmitter

don't you have buckets of Pro V1s laying around the office like candy?!?!?  haha.

Wouldn't that be nice!!!