Forums

COMMUNITY EMAILS TO BE TURNED ON MONDAY 10/15/12

•  

I liked the old way of receiving email notifications.  When you subscribed to a forum (like "General" or "Shoes", you got the first notification that a new topic was posted to that forum, but you didn't get every message in that topic unless you subscribed to it.  Does that make sense?  At least I think that's the way it used to work.

•  

memphisunited
    I liked the old way of receiving email notifications.  When you subscribed to a forum (like "General" or "Shoes", you got the first notification that a new topic was posted to that forum, but you didn't get every message in that topic unless you subscribed to it.  Does that make sense?  At least I think that's the way it used to work.

Memphis - you are correct that "Forum Subscription" emails used to send only when new threads were introduced.  We were unaware at the time of turning on emails that the new version sent an email for every post.  

In an effort to alleviate this issue we will be "force unsubscribing" the entire community from community discussions.  This will take place tomorrow morning.  From there it will allow people to better customize what emails they would like to receive, by subscribing to certain threads, forums, etc.  We will also try to make "forum subscriptions" act like they did on the previous community.

We are sorry for this inconvenience!  

Best,

DG

•  

Thanks Devin.  Sounds great.

• 1330 points

Sounds much better!

•  

memphisunited

•  

I much prefer the older method. I am getting 50 to 60 emails a day and it is getting  to be a real hassle. I delete most of those emails right from thestart and read only those I am interested in and those are getting few and far between.

•  

If you can still pleaes shut them off, please do so.  I am getting too many e-mail responses everyday and it is clogging my BB.

Thanks

-Brian

•  

BostonBuzza
    If you can still pleaes shut them off, please do so.  I am getting too many e-mail responses everyday and it is clogging my BB.

Thanks

-Brian

Brian I turned off emails on your account.

Best,

DG