Forums

COMMUNITY EMAILS TO BE TURNED ON MONDAY 10/15/12

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    Hello Loyal Community Members,

On Monday, 10/15/12, we will be turning FJ Community subscription emails back on. 

If you have enjoyed not receiving FJ Community subscription emails please let us know in this thread and we will try to turn them off on your account.  Turning off Community emails is different then the FootJoy.com or FJenews emails we send out periodically to promote our various products and sweepstakes.

Best,

DG

Take me out of the email chain for posts DG.  They are just clogging up my email.

Thanks.

TT

•  

I cannot locate the link either.  I use The apple platforms iOS and OSX.  One thing that I liked about the old method was the ability to subscribe to certain threads and certain categories. Appears that with this version, I am getting an e-mail on everything.  Including an e-mail when every thread is updated. While I am interested in the commentary, the number of e-mails is overwhelming my Inbox...

• 1531 points

golferdrmjr
    I have enjoyed not receiving FJ Community subscription emails, so I would like them to remain off for me. However, will I be able to subscribe to one in the future if I want? Also, will we be getting emails to let us know if our posts have been approved?

Thanks to the hard working crew behind the scenes and to you DG!

Don,

Turning off emails will turn them all off.  It is all or nothing. Because you had wanted the ability to subscribe to posts moving forward, I had my team unsubscribe you from all previous posts and threads.  Now, you will be able to subscribe just to what you want.  If that doesn't work for you, let us know.

Best,

-Denise

• 1531 points

ToddL
    I cannot locate the link either.  I use The apple platforms iOS and OSX.  One thing that I liked about the old method was the ability to subscribe to certain threads and certain categories. Appears that with this version, I am getting an e-mail on everything.  Including an e-mail when every thread is updated. While I am interested in the commentary, the number of e-mails is overwhelming my Inbox...

Todd (and Memphis), we are looking into why the link isn't showing for you. We suspect that it is because you are ambassadors but will get to the bottom of it.

Todd, you have two choices.  We can shut off all emails for you OR we can "unsubscribe" you from everything that is currently in the community and you can be selective as to what you want to subscribe to moving forward.

It used to be that if you quoted someone, you were automatically subscribed to a thread.  We turned that off, but those subscriptions are likely still hanging about. Does that make sense?

Best,

-Denise

• 3066 points

Denise,

I clicked on the "Stop receiving emails on this subject." links and all "Muted Successfully", and also clicked on the "Unsubscribe" links in the individual Forums, but I am still receiving emails (lots of 'em). Did i miss something?

• 2846 points

Denise,I have the same problem. I keep getting messages that the threads have been muted but they keep coming and coming and coming.  

•  

You have to make sure you are unsubscribed to the forum as a whole to stop receiving emails.  Unsubscribing in an email you receive will only unsubscribe you from the given thread, not the forum category as a whole. 

If you don't want these emails ever we can manually turn it off in your profile.

•  

Here is a shot of where you need to unsubscribe.

• 2846 points

Denise ,I just received 19 more e.mails on threads I had "muted". Houston we have a problem.

David

• 31 points

thank you wearing out my phone with the same ones poping up again and again

• 3066 points

Devin_Gmitter
    Here is a shot of where you need to unsubscribe.

Devin, I did that for all the forums and still receive email for all posts. I sent a separate email to Denise as well.

•  

Denise Preston
    golferdrmjrI have enjoyed not receiving FJ Community subscription emails, so I would like them to remain off for me. However, will I be able to subscribe to one in the future if I want? Also, will we be getting emails to let us know if our posts have been approved?

Thanks to the hard working crew behind the scenes and to you DG!

Don,

Turning off emails will turn them all off.  It is all or nothing. Because you had wanted the ability to subscribe to posts moving forward, I had my team unsubscribe you from all previous posts and threads.  Now, you will be able to subscribe just to what you want.  If that doesn't work for you, let us know.

Best,

-Denise

That's fine. Thanks Denise.

•  

I also don't have a link showing up to Subscribe or Unsubscribe. PC/Windows/Firefox

•  

I don't have a link for unsubscribe either, and 72 emails including test email is getting to be an issue.

•  

zacho
    Denise ,I just received 19 more e.mails on threads I had "muted". Houston we have a problem.

David

On it. Sorry.

-Denise