Forums

Alex Karras

•  

Alex Karras passed away yesterday a great football player but more famous for his acting abilities. Alex had one of he greatest golf quotes ever, "My best score is 103 but I have only been playing for 15 years." He also played the husband in the movie "Babe". No Devin the one about Babe Didrikson not the pig. However he will best remembered for playing one of the all time great characters of the western film genre, MONGO!

• 433 points

Classic Movie - RIP Alex

•  

so what's the over/under on how many google searches Devin had to do for this post?  i'm putting the line at 2.5 and saying over.

•  

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Blazing Saddles, one of the funniest movies of all time.

We'll miss you Alex.

•  

tdogg21
    so what's the over/under on how many google searches Devin had to do for this post?  i'm putting the line at 2.5 and saying over.

I actually know Blazing Saddles, come on it's a classic! Max Hedroom ≠ Classic

•  

What about Spuds McKenzie?  Do you know that one DG

TT

•  

Spuds McKenzie = google search

•  

Spud Webb??

•  

'The Mad Duck' will be missed....His first film was - The 500 Pound Jerk.  Monday night Football Commentator 3 years on ABC, Played the father on 1980's TV Show  Webster....

•  

R.I.P. Alex Karras 

Showing my age here. I had no idea Mr. Papadopoulos played football ! But NFL films set me straight.

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    Spuds McKenzie = google search

he was the Ultimate party animal :) the 80's were awesome 

From wiki 

The dog's real name was Honey Tree Evil Eye (October 7, 1983 - May 31, 1993).[1] She died of kidney failure in North RiversideIllinois. oh wait he was a she.

•  

He was also Webster's dad, his wife played Webster's mom

•  

Alex was one of the more colorful co-announcers on MNF.  In both College and Pro Football Halls of Fame.  Sad to see him go so early.  Hope his family gets some positive results from the NFL.

•  

He was great in "The Paper Lion".  Tough as nails inhis day!!  RIP Alex

Deno