Forums

Chasing the dream

•  

just watched the first episode.  seems like it will be a good show and i have the dvr set to record the rest of them.  however, it was obvious there was a lot of forced drama.  but i guess that's what sells commercials.

• 384 points

Shank...yes.  Chris Anderson...not so much.  My $0.02 worth.

• 3852 points

keep in mind, folks, that The Golf Channel is not beyond the antics of all "reality" tv on show like this,  which is to heavily edit the video  taken to give the slant they want to add drama. You have no idea how accurate what you see is compared to the actual story as it unfolds. In other words, his wife may have already known long before it was shot.

•  

Haven't seen it yet.   Anything is better than the homeless guy,

•  

golfdoc1
    keep in mind, folks, that The Golf Channel is not beyond the antics of all "reality" tv on show like this,  which is to heavily edit the video  taken to give the slant they want to add drama. You have no idea how accurate what you see is compared to the actual story as it unfolds. In other words, his wife may have already known long before it was shot.

i would be shocked if she didn't know.  he runs a business for crying out loud!  it's not like he had dinner and then walked away leaving his Dad holding the bag.  life just doesn't work that way.  a show like this would have been in the planning stages for months.

•  

Man, I need the golf channel. The irony...I have my own golf cart but I don't have the golf channel. I know what I'm asking for Christmas.

•  

I think you can watch on the I pad app. On  the web.

• 2771 points

You still need the Golf Channel Dallin!  

•  

Aren't we all Chasing the Dream???

-Play every day (Mid 70's - low 60's)

-ICONs for ALL

•  

Paul G
    He treated them fine, the wife is a drama queen and knew he would be working the taking the rest of his time getting ready to play. He did great in 03 making 370k. Must have some game.

As you know, this is Television (TV) and everything is "staged/rehearsed". That was the effect that the producers wanted in the Anderson saga (his portion of the show) to draw viewers. It is not real....

-ICONs for ALL

•  

thomas alston iii
    Paul GHe treated them fine, the wife is a drama queen and knew he would be working the taking the rest of his time getting ready to play. He did great in 03 making 370k. Must have some game.

As you know, this is Television (TV) and everything is "staged/rehearsed". That was the effect that the producers wanted in the Anderson saga (his portion of the show) to draw viewers. It is not real....

-ICONs for ALL

i'll be honest.....even it's not "real", I think it's interesting and will watch it.  what is real these days??  how many tour players are actually the way we think they are?

•  

Shank does not have a clue what it really takes to play at the highest level.  His brother told him so.  Will never make it with that attitude.  Chris on the other hand realizes what it takes but may have a problem with the distance compared to who will have to compete with.  It is pretty tough hitting 7 irons when the other guy is using a wedge.  Wish him well.

•  

Good point Bob, I wish GC would give me a chance.... All I need is money, I have time. And have had the game, just need to be able to make the comittment.

•  

Paul G
    Good point Bob, I wish GC would give me a chance.... All I need is money, I have time. And have had the game, just need to be able to make the comittment.

PaulG

Have you applied for one of the Big Break positions? I know that they have these application periods before each segment.

www.surveygizmo.com/.../Big-Break-Application-3-0

-ICONs for ALL

•  

thomas alston iii
    Paul GGood point Bob, I wish GC would give me a chance.... All I need is money, I have time. And have had the game, just need to be able to make the comittment.

PaulG

Have you applied for one of the Big Break positions? I know that they have these application periods before each segment.

www.surveygizmo.com/.../Big-Break-Application-3-0

-ICONs for ALL

do it Paul! i want to see the plus 4s and FJ rain jacket on the Big Break.