Forums

Why Do I Keep Getting Logged Out On The FJ Community Site?

•  

CommunitySupport
    tdogg21i've noticed one or two slow downs......less than yesterday.

Yes, they were every 3 minutes. They are down to about 3 per hour and we are still working on it. But I was talking specifically about the issue of being logged out -- has that gotten better, no difference, worse (hopefully, not)?

sorry....wasn't paying attention to the discussion thread i was in.

however, this morning i was logged out.  that was the first time it happened to me, but just wanted to let you know.

•  

Not sure about the rest of the FJC but I have to Log In each time I want to comment/post.

Was this changed because never had to do it before?

OZ-Crocman

•  

tdogg21
    CommunitySupporttdogg21i've noticed one or two slow downs......less than yesterday.

Yes, they were every 3 minutes. They are down to about 3 per hour and we are still working on it. But I was talking specifically about the issue of being logged out -- has that gotten better, no difference, worse (hopefully, not)?

sorry....wasn't paying attention to the discussion thread i was in.

however, this morning i was logged out.  that was the first time it happened to me, but just wanted to let you know.

first time this happened to me was today.

•  

It happened to me for the time since you started his thread. Was logged off when I got to my laptop today.

•  

just FYI.....since Friday, i've been logged off 3 times.  not a big deal, just wanted to pass it along so you were aware.

• 2771 points

Try clearing your cache (for IE Tools, Internet Options, Browsing History) as you may be getting redirected to an older URL or users who's ISPs have cached DNS data that can really mess with people like some are experiencing. I've had a couple of times today when it looked like it forgot me today as well but it was when I relied on the cached link rather than my new link. Hopefully it will work itself out for you. Are you at work? Sometimes that might be a issue as well, if your work proxies are caching old DNS info.

•  

i've now been logged out 3 times in the last day.

•  

tdogg21
    i've now been logged out 3 times in the last day.

We got it ;-)

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    tdogg21i've now been logged out 3 times in the last day.

We got it ;-)

thanks!

like i said before, not a big deal, just a pain sometimes.  but i wanted to let you know so you guys are aware.  so fix it!  haha.

•  

It is a setting on the FootJoy side. The login persistance setting needs to be adjusted. They are working on it....

•  

This is still a pain in the rear. I was in the middle of a quote when I was logged out by the system. Stupid platform.

•  

golferdrmjr
    This is still a pain in the rear. I was in the middle of a quote when I was logged out by the system. Stupid platform.

yeah....that happened to me.  typically i just need to log in every day from whatever computer i am using and then i am good on that computer for the day (most of the time).  but i did have a short time last week i got logged out a lot, and like you when i was trying to post a response.  but haven't had it happen since.

• 2742 points

Denise,I have been able to stay logged in. Just a little slow on response at times.

Thanks for your great help.

•  

I agree it is super frustrating and limits my posting and joining in the conversation because I read several threads and go to post and realize I'm not logged in.

Hope this is prioritized on a list to get worked on soon!!

• 1316 points

Hey guys,

Sorry that I have been quiet. Three different flus went through my household...

Rick (19hole) gave me a kick up the _______ on this issue last week and I dug into the issue with my team to see what we could do about it since the platform software developers hadn't offered a solution.

We have what we believe is a fix, currently being tested in our staging environment. We have test accounts with logins that have persisted for 3 days before we cleared cookies, so early results look good.  We are hoping to be in a position to push the fix live early next week. If you log in through the My Account area on FootJoy.com, I am told it will persist for one day. When this fix goes live, we propose setting it for 2 weeks.

Zacho, we are seeing slowness and the server went down today, we are combing the log files to see what the errors are pointing to.

Best all,

-Denise