Forums

Who was most impressive to you at the Ryder cup ?

•  

THE GOLF COURSE

I DO NOT BELIEVE THERE WAS ONE PERSON (MAYBE POULTER) THAT WAS HAPPY WITH EVERY ROUND THEY HAD.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN PROFESSIONAL GOLFERS HAVE SO MANY PUTTS END UP SHORT AND/OR BELOW THE HOLE.

IN GENERAL NOBODY WON,,,,,,,,THE U.S..LOST.

IMHO

•  

I think the Mickleson and Bradley combination was fantastic. I was also very impressed with the sportsman like gesture of Micleson when he applauded Justin's massive putt in the singles on the last day. Mr Poulter was also so fired up and emotional in the interviews. The man lives for the Ryder cup and played superbly. Colsaerts was also unstoppable and between him and Pulter kept our hopes alive in what everyone over here thought was going to be a complete trouncing by team USA until  the end of day 2. I think the odds of us winning were something like 33 to 1.

•  

Ian, Colsaerts, Zach, and Jason were probably the best.

•  

Ian poulter and Jason Duffner

•  

Both the Captains were exceptional, but Olazabal was simpy amazing and so incredibly emotional at the end.

US

Most had their moments but Bradley and Mickelson were fantastic as a team and will play a few more Ryder Cup rounds together as will Watson and Simpson.

Duffner and Z Johnson and D Johnson, the Sunday winners also played well throughout.

But Furyk, Woods and Kuchar were poor.

EUROS

Poulter was phenomenal followed closely by Rose and the rest struggled through before Sunday's heroics.

Mcillroy and McDowell were poor.

The finish was just pulsating and unfortunately someone had to lose but for the US it was certainly the one that got away and to think they could only win 3 matches on Sunday was probably the most amazing thing of the whole event.

Bring on 2014.

OZ-Crocman

• 1263 points

Ian poulter and Jason Duffner in my opinion. Poulter made every putt on back 9 saturday and save Europe going into Sunday play.  I would have like to see Bradley play saturday afternoon, he was playing so hot for USA it was hard to see DLIII sit him.

•  

Taking a daily perspective:

- Friday: Mickelson/Bradely and Colsaerts

-Saturday: Poulter

-Sunday: Johnson, Johnson, Dufner and EUROs

-ICONs for ALL

•  

you know....i think Poulter might like the Ryder Cup more than majors.  he really does seem to live for this like Tiger did/does for the Masters.  i'd be curious to hear what he would rather have, his current record in the Ryder Cup on multiple winning teams, or a major or two.

•  

My sentiments exactly !

Think - Furyk, Mickelson, Stricker & Woods Ryder Cup Days should have come to pass before this major fall out....

Tar Heel
    What was impressive? The fact that Team USA could absolutely spit the bit on Sunday and absolutely hand over the cup in such a feeble way. Utter and absolutely epic fail.

•  

FOR ME IT WAS THE CLASS PHIL SHOWED ON THE LAST TWO HOLES........CLAPPING AND GIVING THE THUMBS UP FOR JUSTIN ROSE.

• 207 points

I was impressed with Bubba on the first tee of Day 1. Got the energy flowing for the U.S by using the crowd... Great ambassador for the game in the U.S.

• 207 points

Phil and Keegan I believe were the best pairing of the entire tournament. Both played extremely well, as well were a huge motive for the home town crowd. Phil being Keegan's mentor for the tournament really worked. Westwood tweeted the new format for choosing Europes team, 9 qualifying spots, Poulter, and 2 captains picks. I think the same can be said with Keegan.

•  

Phil has been and always will be a great sportsman. this really showed on Sunday in a very tight match. Most competitiors would not be smiling, clapping for an opponent and just looking like he was having fun. A real class act in my book!

•  

DJ and Keegan for US.  IJP for the Euros... man he just got it done

•  

19hole
    Phil has been and always will be a great sportsman. this really showed on Sunday in a very tight match. Most competitiors would not be smiling, clapping for an opponent and just looking like he was having fun. A real class act in my book!

i agree.  i was never a Phil fan, but his actions on Sunday made me respect him a lot more.  that was a great example for golfers everywhere.