Forums

Open for Business!

•  

Denise,

I mean going to the last page of a thread from the Discussions page.  or at least having a button at the top of the thread that takes you to the end (or the first unread reply).  for instance, right now i have to click on a thread, scroll to the bottom, and then i can go to the last page.

The other thing i was talking about, it would be nice to see both who started the thread, and who was the last to post.  that isn't really a big deal, just something that would be nice.

Does that make more sense as to what i was trying to say?

•  

I love the idea that we discussed in the Q&A in Brockton.  Having a Recent Unread Thread Category and a Replies Thread Category so you can jump to see new/active stuff (which would be some of the recent Discussions.  But the Replies list would be only Discussions you've commented in.  That way you can parse the Discussions a little and navigate a little easier.  Similar to how The Cameron Collector is set up.

:-)

•  

Great points... Tdogg.

•  

So really it's just keeping the Recent Posts one and maybe making it a bigger list (like 10-15 threads).  And changing the New Discussions to Replies so you can keep track of the discussions you're engaged in without getting the email notifications (which thank you for eliminating those!)  

I also loved Chris' idea about having a mini gallery in our profile that we could post golf photos (courses, gear, etc) in.  Makes it more of a community when you can really get to know people.

Cheers

•  

Justinu3
    So really it's just keeping the Recent Posts one and maybe making it a bigger list (like 10-15 threads).  And changing the New Discussions to Replies so you can keep track of the discussions you're engaged in without getting the email notifications (which thank you for eliminating those!)  

I also loved Chris' idea about having a mini gallery in our profile that we could post golf photos (courses, gear, etc) in.  Makes it more of a community when you can really get to know people.

Cheers

i'm not sure what you mean by that.  i've never seen the cameron boards.  but there is a Corvette forum i go to and at the top you can click and see all of your post for the last day-week.  that way you can see what you have been commenting on.  and then when you get in the thread, there is a button you can click that takes you to your first unread post.

i like the idea of a mini gallery.  i'm still trying to connect screen names with people i met last week, so anything that helps in getting to know people better is a plus in my book.

for those that don't know....Dallin looks nothing like his profile pic!  haha.

tdogg21
    Denise,

I mean going to the last page of a thread from the Discussions page.  or at least having a button at the top of the thread that takes you to the end (or the first unread reply).  for instance, right now i have to click on a thread, scroll to the bottom, and then i can go to the last page.

The other thing i was talking about, it would be nice to see both who started the thread, and who was the last to post.  that isn't really a big deal, just something that would be nice.

That makes sense. There is the ability to go to the end of a thread now.  There is a "Latest post" link in the thread "teaser" that will take you to the latest post and thus the last page.

That doesn't mean that access to the end of thread shouldn't be made easier, just a shortcut in the mean-time.

I understand about first poster and last poster. I will add that to the list of suggestions.

•  

CommunitySupport
    tdogg21Denise,

That makes sense. There is the ability to go to the end of a thread now.  There is a "Latest post" link in the thread "teaser" that will take you to the latest post and thus the last page.

That doesn't mean that access to the end of thread shouldn't be made easier, just a shortcut in the mean-time.

I understand about first poster and last poster. I will add that to the list of suggestions.

I didn't realize you could click on that!  That helps A TON!

•  

Okay, Denise, here's one I've just encountered.  I have two "friend" requests but when I click not he "Accept" button, I receive an error message noting I should contact an administrator.  What do I do to accept these requests?

• 1293 points

pulplvr
    Okay, Denise, here's one I've just encountered.  I have two "friend" requests but when I click not he "Accept" button, I receive an error message noting I should contact an administrator.  What do I do to accept these requests?

We've seen that too, when the server is slow.  Can you keep trying at different times and if you are still not successful, we will take a closer look.  We have seen that "contact an administrator" error in a number of areas when the server is slow. As I mentioned some where else -- we have gotten the server from being slow ever 3 minutes to every 20 minutes, but are hoping to eliminate it soon.

Thanks for your patience,

-Denise

• 1263 points

I like the new site, thanks!

•  

Justinu3
    CommunitySupporttdogg21Denise,

I didn't realize you could click on that!  That helps A TON!

neither did I!  that's great!

I like that you are continuing to make things better and i want to thank you for that.  a lot of sites would just accept the 'band-aids" as good enough and move on.  So, thank you for working so hard to make this a better place for us.  i'm sure i can speak for everyone in saying we really appreciate what you are doing and for going above and beyond for us.  keep up the great work!

•  

it is a good thing with a few flaws but other than that it is great

•  

Denise Preston
    pulplvrOkay, Denise, here's one I've just encountered.  I have two "friend" requests but when I click not he "Accept" button, I receive an error message noting I should contact an administrator.  What do I do to accept these requests?

We've seen that too, when the server is slow.  Can you keep trying at different times and if you are still not successful, we will take a closer look.  We have seen that "contact an administrator" error in a number of areas when the server is slow. As I mentioned some where else -- we have gotten the server from being slow ever 3 minutes to every 20 minutes, but are hoping to eliminate it soon.

-Denise

Denise, I've now tried multiple times aver differing times of day, to accept the two friend requests and to delete the one I had made much earlier.  Every time, I receive the error message--and I don't seem to be able to correlate it to slowness of the site overall.

Ted

•  

pulplvr
    Denise PrestonpulplvrOkay, Denise, here's one I've just encountered.  I have two "friend" requests but when I click not he "Accept" button, I receive an error message noting I should contact an administrator.  What do I do to accept these requests?

-Denise

Denise, I've now tried multiple times aver differing times of day, to accept the two friend requests and to delete the one I had made much earlier.  Every time, I receive the error message--and I don't seem to be able to correlate it to slowness of the site overall.

Ted

I've just tried to accept the friend requests from Justinu3 and Dallin again.  I continue to receive the error message, whatever speed the pages are posting.  

Justinu3 and Dallin:  I've got your requests and I'm trying to accept them.  Someday….

pulplvr

I've just tried to accept the friend requests from Justinu3 and Dallin again.  I continue to receive the error message, whatever speed the pages are posting.  

Justinu3 and Dallin:  I've got your requests and I'm trying to accept them.  Someday….

We are still looking into this problem.  One thing that might help if you are getting this error repeatedly is to try clearing your browser history, close and restart the browser, then log in again and try accepting the friend request.

Thank you all again for your patience.

-Lindsey