Forums

Regular groups

•  

How many of you guys play in regular groups?  I have a group of about 12 guys that I play regularly with on at least one weekend day.   We all throw in $5 for skins and $1 greenies (must be validated).  However, on most days,  I usually just show up at the course and get paired up with random people. 

Do most of you guys have regular groups or do you just head out to the course and play? 

•  

When I am home I play in a group of about 24-32 guys. Handicaps range from 0 to 21. We play a standard nassau in our own foursomes (auto presses, greenies, sandies, birdies) and usually a group against group game (two balls total, 1 ball on the 3s 2 on the 4s and 3 on the 5s) on anyting else we can think up.

Great Fun and a great group of guys.

•  

I play with the same eight guys everyday.  We have been playing in this group for the past two years.  Every once in awhile it is nice to get some new blood, but there is a lot less nonsense to deal with when you are with a small group.

Tim

•  

I have a regular group that includes around 12 guys that I play with regularly also.  I usually have someone to play with, I am buddies with the pro at my club and a couple of the staff are in my group, so I don't usually get paired up with anyone.

•  

I usually play with my dad and his buddies on wedesndays.  I also play with my buddies from work on Mondays and other days during the week.

•  

Playing with my dad and his friends is always a good time.  I have a lot of fun and they are so much more relaxed and "happy go lucky".  Always good for a laugh or two.

• 4775 points

We have the same group of anywhere from 8-12 guys playing skins.  I really have enjoyed it.  A really good group without any drama.  There is only one rule, leave your handicap at home.  We play straight up.

•  

jas, I tried to talk my guys into that one but they wouldn't even think about giving up all the strokes.

•  

We have a really good money game on Monday and Friday. Alot of local pros and assistants play in it, usually about 30-40 people. Then we have a smaller game on Sunday morning.

•  

I have a regular group of 3 other guys but am "on call" with a couple of other 4's. In my line of work the hours vary quite a bit so we have to play when we can with what group we can.

•  

jas904

We have the same group of anywhere from 8-12 guys playing skins.  I really have enjoyed it.  A really good group without any drama.  There is only one rule, leave your handicap at home.  We play straight up.

Wow, I don't know that a high handicap should put himself into that sort of debt lol. 

I played yesterday with some guys and took 14 holes.  Won some cash, but the 68 was better in my book than the couple hundred I took home.  I am happy with the round, but I hit 2 balls OB and had a triple on a par 4, so I could have been a lot lower.  I scrambled well though, on my OB balls I still managed par.

•  

I wish I had the chance to have some sort of regular game but my work schedule makes it tough. I have a couple of groups of members that I play with from time to time and thats about it.

•  

There's a "skins" game every Sunday at the course I belong to.  The group may have as few as 6 or 8 to as many as 24-30 depending on whether there are other events going on (Publinx or tournaments) -- good group of guys and it's nice to know that game exists to have a place to play every week.

•  

Mondo

There's a "skins" game every Sunday at the course I belong to.  The group may have as few as 6 or 8 to as many as 24-30 depending on whether there are other events going on (Publinx or tournaments) -- good group of guys and it's nice to know that game exists to have a place to play every week.

We used to have a big game like that at our club four or five days a week.  At anytime, minus ladies day, you could find a game if you were looking for one.  Now, with this wretched economy, a lot of the guys have taken leaves or are simply not playing for cash. 

I still have my little group and occasionally we will play for something but not very often.

Tim

•  

I have a couple different groups I play with regularly, one is a group of some pretty good players, we like to play together when we want to practice seriously or are getting ready for a tournament, the other group is with my dad and some of his friends, much more laid back, a chance to play some risky shots I wouldnt regularly play, both groups are a great bunch of guys.