Forums

Club Fitting

•  

How many of you get fitted for your clubs and then get them made to the specs you were fitted for? I mean the WHOLE set (Driver, fairways, hybrids, irons and wedges).

If you have done this do you think it helps your game?

What clubs have you been fitted for and did you see a benefit?

Pre-fitting handicap and post-fitting handicap?

I personally think that this is one of the best things anyone, regardless of handicap, can do to help thier game.

•  

19hole

How many of you get fitted for your clubs and then get them made to the specs you were fitted for? I mean the WHOLE set (Driver, fairways, hybrids, irons and wedges).

If you have done this do you think it helps your game?

What clubs have you been fitted for and did you see a benefit?

Pre-fitting handicap and post-fitting handicap?

I personally think that this is one of the best things anyone, regardless of handicap, can do to help thier game.

I have been fir for most everything in the bag.  I don't know if I have seen a great improvement in my game.  Fitting do provide a certain peace of mind for me though.  I know if I hit a poor shot, and my equipment is properly fit, then it was me that made the mistake and not my equipment.  It is strictly Indian and not arrow in that case. 

I would like to think that my handicap has dropped because of practice and play.  I would imagine that a higher handicap player would see more of a game improvement from a ftiting then a low handicap player.  Low handicap players have the ability to quicky adjust to equipment when compared to high handicappers.

Tim

•  

I had a complete club fitting down to the putter from Hot Stix.  I would have to say it was very beneficial and ended up shaving about 2 stroked off my handicap.

Very good move in my opinion.  Worth the money.

•  

I was fit for the first time about four years ago and it made a dramatic difference in my game! That following summer I dropped about 10 strokes off my handicap. Granted, I was playing more having just moved out of NYC, but I was just hitting the ball much cleaner and with more consistency. I had always played hand-me-down clubs to that point, which were always flat. I quickly found out during my fitting that I should have been using clubs that were FOUR degrees upright! That's obviously a huge difference and, essentially, the difference between hitting and missing the sweet spot. I've been flirting with single digits since then and to this day still attribute my improvement to what I learned during that fitting process.

Do yourself a huge favor and go see your local PGA Professional!

•  

I agree to get fit.  I shaved several strokes off my game after getting a proper fitting with my irons.  My miss was always a hook.  I got most of the irons bent 2* flat and was more consistent.  I get all of my clubs looked at from time to time.  I think one club that most people overlook is the putter.  Getting the right specs on the flat stick makes a huge difference.

•  

I agree with Chris. Get a fitting, you won't be sorry.

If you are in the Greater Boston area I would recommend going to the Harmon club. They are a Titleist Fitting Center and the guys are spectacular. And no, I am not a member of the staff there. I have used them in the past and they are great.

•  

My entire set has been fit. I am 6'4" and standard clubs are just no good for me. Now a days, most places include the fitting into the price of the clubs and it is actually no more expensive to have them special ordered than have them "adjusted" by the part time guy at the golf store. No offence to any part time golf store guys.

•  

My fitting costed a pretty penny but I think it was well worth it.  In the end, I got clubs made for me that are exactly what I need.  There is not much more I can ask for other than being a touring professional.

Clubs and fittings are one thing where I don't want to "cut corners".  They are a big investment and you want to make sure you do everything you can to make sure you get what you want.

•  

I am 6'4 and I was fitted to get my irons fitted to be about 3/4in longer and I think it was a big help.

•  

That is what mine were lengthened to.  3/4", makes a huge difference, I bet you hit the ball further too than your unfitted sticks... I know I do.

•  

My irons are +1/2 inch but 2 degrees upright. I tried going to +3/4 but the weight went to D4 when everything else is D2 in my bag.

• 4775 points

I am fitted for everything driver to putter.  Biggest difference was going to X stiff DG's softstepped once.  Big difference in trajectory control and consistency.  I think the key to getting fit is finding a good clubfitter.  There are lots of self proclaimed experts out there. 

•  

I could not agree more. I think that you will find that most PGA Pros will have a certification from at least one manufacturer. It is usually the one whose clubs they play.

•  

All of my irons were fittied thru Titleist. My driver was done by my local guy. 

I need to look into getting my putter fit. I have had the same Scotty Cameron for a while now.

•  

jas904

I am fitted for everything driver to putter.  Biggest difference was going to X stiff DG's softstepped once.  Big difference in trajectory control and consistency.  I think the key to getting fit is finding a good clubfitter.  There are lots of self proclaimed experts out there. 

Isn't that the truth.  A lot of people think they are better than they really are.  Sometimes, it is best to ask your friends or pro who to get fit through.  In my opinion, Golf Galaxy and ***'s are not good places to go.  Their staff is very unknowledgeable (at least here in NE).  Sorry if there are any golf employees on here at either those two stores.  I am sure you are an exception to the usual I get.  Some people just think they know something but they really don't know much at all.