Forums

COMPULSORY VIEWING THIS WEEK - ROYAL PORTRUSHLOOKING

•  
    Looking forward immensely to coverage of this week's Irish Open at Royal Portrush which is always rated very highly in the world golf rankings. Have heard heaps of great things about this course and believe it is Rory's home course so looking for a big performance (he certainly needs it). Apparently it could get real ugly if the wind blows and this is definitely on the European leg of my bucket list. OZ-Crocman
  •  

I have heard many great things about this track, for instance there were thoughts of possibly bringing it into the British Open rota, so you know its good!  

I believe Rors grew up playing there so you have to like his chances at his home track. 

•  

Rors should have a great shot because of course knowledge. Also Darren Clark,  if healthy should play well there.

•  

Glad someone else is looking forward to checking this tourny out haha. Should be some excellen golf. I heard the course is great so going to enjoy the views on TV.

•  

I love watching the Euro Tour events.  This should be a great one, and like everyone says, Rory could use the help.  There's no place like home...

•  

I have heard many good things about this course. Yes this is a must play course if you have the chance from what I have seen.

• 2956 points

A friend played Royal Portrush earlier this year and said it was in excellent condition.

Graeme McDowell, Rory McIlroy and Darren Clarke should be up there, and you can't count Padraig Harrington out either, he has been playing pretty good golf lately. Curious to see how Alan Dunbar (local amateur champ) will make out.

•  

ON MY BUCKET LIST BUT I THINK MY BUCKET IS LEAKING.

•  

I like golf in Ireland better than Scotland. It just does not get the press and the weather is more fickle.

•  

Should be a "cracker" as the local boys will want to put on a show (as they all hold Majors)!!!

The town is going to be overwhelmed by the numer of patrons visiting for this event.

-ICONs for ALL

• 3545 points

I think this will be a fun event to watch...between this one and the AT & T National, my DVR is going to get a workout this week!

•  

going to be tough to leave the television this weekend...2 great tournaments along with another senior major this weekend...wonder if my wife is going to be pissed