Forums

Traveling with your clubs

•  

When you travel with your clubs, specifically fly, what do you do to ensure your clubs are protected?  I know a lot of people say TSA and the airline employees who pack the luggage just toss things around and smash them.  Do you have a hard case or a type of club glove or what?

Personally, I have a Titleist Club Glove that seems to do the trick but I wanted to know what others have or do.

• 315 points

I have a soft case from Ogio and the club glove Stiff arm so they can't break my driver.  Never had any problems, but I'm always very anxious to get them back from the airline.

I do pack towels around the iron heads to prevent and shaft damage to my woods.

•  

I have a hard case that I use. When I had my soft case, we would have to wrap towels around the iron heads and use the stiff arm like JoeJoe.

Now it costs more to fly with them if they are over a certain weight. But it is worth the peice of mind knowing that they are safe.

•  

Club Glove Last One and a Speed Stick stuck in the bag.  I usually put all of the irons in heads first and wrap the rest in a towel.  Other then that you have to pray that the baggage handlers do there best to be normal and not abusive.

Tim

•  

I use a Club Glove and usually use my Staff bag when I check my clubs. I also wrap a towel around the clubheads to further protect them.

•  

When I travel I use the Club Glove Last bag with a Stiff arm.  Knock on wood but I have had no problems so far.  I pack the heads of my irons in an extra towel so they dont rattle around

•  

Club Glove Last Bag with iron covers and a towel around the driver, fairway and hybrid.

Although, I just built out a Florida set to leave with my in-laws so I don't need to pack up the clubs as much anymore...which is nice.

• 400 points

I have a Golf Guard hard case with wheels, works great and you stuff all your dirty clothes and any items you are bringing back and it works great. My device fits a stand bag.

• 398 points

I have a Titleist Club Glove travel case I got off a JPGA pro for $40!!! I am thinking about getting a stiff arm to protect the longer clubs. I see people put the bag upside down, meaning all the weight is resting on my driver!?!

I usually only take my clubs if I am playing more than 2 or 3 rounds or if it's a really nice course in a foreign country.

•  

I'm with md7716.  I break out the iron covers when traveling and use extra towels in the soft case.

• 4775 points

Club Glove Burstproof with wheels along with the stiff arm.  I think the key with any type of soft case is the stiff arm or other type device.  Knock on wood, no issues yet.

•  

My Titleist Club Glove cover now has over 300,000 miles on it and it still looks new. That says a lot for the protection it provides.

•  

19hole

My Titleist Club Glove cover now has over 300,000 miles on it and it still looks new. That says a lot for the protection it provides.

Are you a pro?  That is quite a lot of miles you have covered.  That sure speaks volumes about the quality of that Titleist travel bag.

Tim

•  

I was a club pro for a while. I now play a bit in Europe and have played some in Asia in some of the Senior events.

•  

19hole

I was a club pro for a while. I now play a bit in Europe and have played some in Asia in some of the Senior events.

That's a lot of travel.  Glad I chose a solid product.  I don't nearly have 30k miles on my Titleist but I am quickly trying to get there.  I've taken it to Europe a couple times and all around the US.  Never had a problem, great product there.