Forums

Who is your pick to win the PGA Championship this weekend?

•  

The PGA championship is only two days away and I can't wait.  I am so geeked.  Tiger has won the last two weeks and he is looking as good as ever.  I know everyone, regardless of what you think of him, has him picked to win.  But, besides Tiger, who do you think will hosit the Wanamaker Trophy come Sunday evening at Hazeltine. 

I am going to go with a veteran.  We have had two first time major winners so far, but I am going to go with a past champion.  I am going to have to say Ernie Els.  I know his putting has been a little shaky in the past year, but I have a feeling he is going to pull something off this week.

Tim

•  

I'd like to see the kid Rory Mcilroy win a major early in his career.  No time like the present

•  

never bet against tiger, but if the Q is who would i like to see.  well, after tiger, kenny perry and jerry kelly.

although i think one of the young guns might make a serious run.  rory might be a good pick.

•  

I would like to see Phil Mickelson win. He's a great ambassador for the game, always interactive with the fans. He deserves a break about now.

•  

I am going to go with Kenny Perry.  Great driver of the ball and crisp with the irons.  He will make something happen at the 91st.

•  

Kenny Perry, he is long off the tee and crisp with the irons.

•  

OUTIGER

I'd like to see the kid Rory Mcilroy win a major early in his career.  No time like the present

Rory is a stud.  Did you happen to catch that exhibition on The Golf Channel last night between him and Padraig?  That was some good golf.

Tim

I'm going with a LONG SHOT.. Like a 265 yard 2 iron over water long shot.... Michael Sim.  Go Aussie Go!!

•  

We're going to ask you to make these picks official by creating a PGA Championship contest. Pick the FootJoy player who will finish the highest and win a PureTouch glove. Should have it up tonight or tomorrow morning.

I'm guessing Kerr changes his pick... :)

•  

If David Toms can get the putter working 4 days in a row, I think he has a good shot. Otherwise, Jerry Kelly or Steve Stricker are both playing pretty good golf right now. I believe a thinker will win out over the bomber this year.

That is if Tiger withdraws or something, Truthfully, how do you pick against him after the display Saturday and Sunday at the Bridgestone. Two birdies on the final 3 holes on Sunday is clutch.

•  

tim6918

OUTIGER

Rory is a stud.  Did you happen to catch that exhibition on The Golf Channel last night between him and Padraig?  That was some good golf.

Tim

That was awesome.

•  

Although Tiger will more than likely end up winning 3 weeks in a row, I think Steve Stricker will win this week. He's not the most powerful guy, but he knows how to get around a golf course.

•  

OUTIGER

tim6918

OUTIGER

Tim

That was awesome.

Yes, I saw that too.  It was great.  Did you stay tuned for the Ian Poulter "Playing Lessons from the Pros"?  He had some nice FJ shoes with custom designs he showed off at the end.  And the pink ones he played in weren't too shabby either!