Forums

Spikes

• 347 points

Who makes and what is the best style of spike now. I miss metal yet some soft are better than others. Who thinks what??

•  

This subject has come up before and if I recall correctly, the spike that most resembles the old steel spike is the Stinger by Champ. I have them on all my shoes and they provide the best stability for me. Got them on a recommendation from one of the Pros in the Ambassador community, 19hole, and he was right on.

•  

For most situations, this is the spike:

•  

Agree with eagle3...the Stingers are great spikes.

•  

i miss the metal spikes as well.  but i understand and appreciate the benefits to courses that soft spikes bring.  i've heard good things about the Stinger spike.  the last set i bought were black widows i believe.  and i have whatever came with my Icons.

• 2956 points

I agree with eagle3. I just replaced the spikes on two pair of my shoes with Champion Stingers and I really like them. They have regular Stingers (the ones I bought) and ProStingers that have a plastic spike in the middle similar to the old metal spike.

Good luck, either way I think you will like them.

•  

A lot us have tried the "New" Black Widow Tour spikes - they have an adjustment ring that allows you to raise 4 of the spikes for extra traction. It grabs and holds the turf ALMOST as well as metal spikes. If you really rely on a stable back foot  to push off of to start your downswing, these may be the best spike available. FYI - www.budgetgolf.com has the best price I've found on them and free shipping on orders over $100. They also have some great FJ closeout prices.

•  

I agree with the Champ Stinger comments.  I use those in all of my golf shoes.

•  

Champ..... Stinger....... Nothing better. Multiple colors (to match your shoes) as well.

•  
    The soft spike cyclone spikes are good as well as the champ spikes you can't go wrong with either
  •  

The stinger is a good spike and thats what I have used lately.

•  

I like the Champs spikes for my FJ's...