Forums

if you were hit by a golf ball.

•  

I try to never put myself in a position to get hit at a tournament, but if it did happen, I would just hope they would be concerned enough to ask if I was OK.

•  

I've also heard that Lefty is generous, always giving a signed glove and sometimes slipping a hundred inside. Paula Creamer also gave a fan a watch when she beaned them a couple of weeks ago.

I'm with GT, don't really expect anything but would hope for a handshake and a quick acknowledgement/kind word.

•  

I agree with golfchic but a couple shots of Tequila  would also help.

•  

golfchick

I've also heard that Lefty is generous, always giving a signed glove and sometimes slipping a hundred inside. Paula Creamer also gave a fan a watch when she beaned them a couple of weeks ago.

I'm with GT, don't really expect anything but would hope for a handshake and a quick acknowledgement/kind word.

I concur. I know the risk and accept them as a fan.

Any residual obligations bestowed by the offending Tour player are encouraged and welcomed :-)

-ICONs for ALL

•  

I really would have to say that if I am a spectator at a golf tournement, I would have my eyes open and would like to think I would not be the one getting hit.  Wouldn't you agree? 

On the other hand to answer your question.  I have seen Phil hit someone at the TPC of Boston.  The ball actually broke his watch, not sure what type.  After Phil walked up, he unclipped his own watch (this I KNOW was a ROLEX) and handed it to the gentleman.

I guess after witnessing that, I would have to say the watch on the players wrist or in his bag.

How about that for a response?

•  

a picture with the guy (or gal) that hit you and the ball so I could frame them and put them up in the office :-)

• 1539 points

Prolly just a glove. If was hit I would hope for a least a glove.
  •  
    I have been hit in the back of my head by a playing partner. 150 yards to the back of my head with a driver. Dropped me like I was shot. Got a 1.5 inch gash on my head that bled for over two days. But I finished the round in spite of my bleeding and then took the 30 minute boat ride to Hilton Head from Dafuskie Island. Real men don't ask for anything. They suck it up and carry on. You don't see a baseball player going to the stands when a fan gets hit by a foul ball do you......
  •  

joshgiano

I heard a story about Phil hitting a guy in the watch and breaking the thing.  Phil gave him the watch off of his wrist, which I'm sure wasn't a Timex.

I got hit by VJ in a practice round at the old International.  He gave me the ball and apologized.  No harm no foul.

It was probably a rolex.  That would make me happy :).

•  

i disagree with a few of the people saying it's your own fault if you get hit and if you pay attention, it won't happen.  i can think of numerous examples of how someone could get hit and it not be their fault.  if you're sitting in bleachers, you really have no where to go if a ball comes your way.  I remember one time my Dad and I were by a green watching.  He decided to go get us something to eat from a concession stand on the other side of the green.  while walking over there a player bladed a chip shot and blew it 20 yards over the green on the fly and almost hitting my Dad.  this was probably the worst shot i've ever seen from a pro and there was no way you could predict that.

•  

JBrown8451

a picture with the guy (or gal) that hit you and the ball so I could frame them and put them up in the office :-)

in a perfect world, that is what i would want.  i'd be happy with a handshake, but something to keep and display would be cool.  of course i certainly wouldn't turn down a Rolex.  haha.