Forums

if you were hit by a golf ball.

•  

I saw Bubba had a drive hit a fan in the head.  the guy was alright and in good spirits.  i saw he even commented on how he helped Bubba get a better lie since it bounced off his head and into the fairway.  I also read that Bubba gave him a signed glove and the tourney gave him a new shirt since he bled on his.  so my question, if you were hit by a golf ball, what would help take the pain away?  a signed glove? or ball?  or just a handshake?

•  

A stiff gin n tonic! Cant expect anything else, as its not their fault!

• 3627 points

tdogg21

I saw Bubba had a drive hit a fan in the head.  the guy was alright and in good spirits.  i saw he even commented on how he helped Bubba get a better lie since it bounced off his head and into the fairway.  I also read that Bubba gave him a signed glove and the tourney gave him a new shirt since he bled on his.  so my question, if you were hit by a golf ball, what would help take the pain away?  a signed glove? or ball?  or just a handshake?

This is a bizarre ritual to me. If I got hit in the head with a golf ball I would want more than a used golf glove. Gee...thanks dude. I get that you waive your rights a bit when you're there watching a golf tournament...but come on.

•  

Two Tylenol, a cold drink, and alright I'll take the signed glove.

•  

APOLOGY AND A HAND SHAKE WOULD DO.

•  

Depending on the injury, but a signed ball would be good for enough with me followed by a handshake. If I am mortally wounded then a nice steak dinner on top of all that would just about do the trick :). Just kidding, I know what I am getting into if I go to a golf tournament, if a ball hits me well I was standing where a ball could be hit. If the player offered me something in return I would be happy but it wouldnt be required.

• 2180 points

Would depend on who it is. hahaha. If it was bubba, i would demand a ride in the general lee. :D

Going to a golf tourney, spectators know the dangers of a golf course.  Nothing is needed IMO, but a simple handshake would be nice

•  

i agree that i know the risks when at a tournament.  on my end, i wouldn't expect anything.  however, i would think the golfer would want to give something.  personally i would prefer a signed ball over a glove, but i certainly wouldn't be picky.  if it drew blood, maybe more.  like a signed picture after the round or maybe inside the ropes pass for the putting green and range for the rest of the day.

• 2772 points

A hand shake would do the trick but if he wanted to sign a ball or hat(FJ hat of course) that would be great. When you go to a tournament you accept the fact that you could be hit by a ball.

•  
    Because I would be mad and in pain I think I would take all 3
  •  

other than an apology and showing concern that i was ok,  nothing more would be necessary. 

i wouldn't refuse any offerings though.

•  

I heard a story about Phil hitting a guy in the watch and breaking the thing.  Phil gave him the watch off of his wrist, which I'm sure wasn't a Timex.

I got hit by VJ in a practice round at the old International.  He gave me the ball and apologized.  No harm no foul.

•  

I've been hit multiple times - but never by anyone really famous.

I'd be happy not to be hurt.

•  

ICE, right away!

Any sort of an acknowledgement is suffice enough to me.  So, if the player came over to say hi. . . I'm all good with that.  I wouldn't look for anything else, but, of course, it's different if they want to offer me anything. . . I won't say no to that.

•  

All spectators should know the risk when going to a golf tournament.  Pay attention and know when people are hitting.  If I were to get hit, honestly it'd be my own fault.  I wouldn't expect anything from the player but it would be a nice gesture for them to sign something (anything, really), shake my hand, etc.  Just my take...