Forums

Weekend Golf

• 1495 points

How did everyone's golfing go this weekend? Good/Bad Scores? great and not so great shots?

•  

I had a terrible front 9 followed by an awesome back 9.  I holed out for an eagle from about 110 yards on 16.  Probably the second best shot of my life, so that was pretty sweet.

•  

Had a great weekend for weather =  18 Friday, 27 Saturday, 18 Sunday.

•  

miguelj20

How did everyone's golfing go this weekend? Good/Bad Scores? great and not so great shots?

I thought, you'd never ask! (lol)

It was a great weekend to which started Friday.  I played a match with a friend at a course I've never seen before (his home course) and manged a tie, but then it wasn't because of my talent. . . I was happy with a tie.  It was at a course in Santa Clarita called Robinsons Ranch- Mountain course.  It's mountainous alright, but it was fun trying to figure out where to lay up a drive.

We were going to play two other courses in La Quinta and Indio (Fri/Sat) but things changed and we were down graded to Palm Springs area courses (ha ha ha).

Saturday, a friend and I were going to play two rounds at a course called Cimaron in the Palm Springs, CA area, but ended up to be just 1 round, (ahhh).  It was alright, I hit the ball better that day so no complaints.  We were both 3 under our handicap at the end of the day. very happy.

Sunday, was another course I've never played before, we were with a couple of his friends @ Tahquitz- Legends.  I opened with 3 pars and a double, then pretty much saw the same pattern throughout the day of the same thing. . . no birdies.  It was a pretty good match scores for my handicap, but unfortunately, we weren't playing match.  Yikes!  . . . ha ha ha. . .

As far a shots goes, the driver's working, my irons sucks.  Putting and chips are alright.  I almost holed a chip for an eagieeee par 5 that was struck well, hopped once, hit the stick, bounced to 4 or 5 a footer off of the cup, missed the putt, made a par.  Walking away while I felt like I got robbed, as friends sympathized by showing teeth. . . it was funny. . . after a few seconds.

•  

My weekend golf was not so great.  Lost my match (second round of club match play) 6 and 4.  Company (opponent) was terrific and I had a very good time.  We talked a lot of golf, enjoyed each other's company, and had fantastic weather.  Pace was slow (we were a twosome in the midst of foursomes on a Sunday morning), but not horrible.  Front nine was hot for both of us, but I had a bad putting day and was 3 down at the turn.  Pushing to overcome the deficit, I just lost it, with four doubles on the back (the match ended with the third of the four).

Today's round was recovery.  Putting was better, but still couldn't sink meaningful putts of any length.  Shot 77 and lost money.

•  

Had 77 Saturday and 79 on Sunday.  Ended up winning $2, big deal gave it to the cart kid.  The good thing was no three putts for the weekend.

• 2180 points

Had a pretty good weekend of golf, even for being in the snow :( 

Placed 2nd in a big tourney here. Won some money. Got to see a dude get a double eagle on a par 5 from about 220 out. He hit a worm burner and rolled and rolled and rolled.. then dinked in the cup.. hahaha

Partner lipped out an ace on 200 yard par 3, was pretty intense 

•  

No golf last weekend. Questionable weather and my son's soccer tournament took precedence. We did win the tourney though.

•  

18 holes on Saturday with my Dad and 10 year old son.  Always a great day with the family.  Started out pretty well, a nice 2 over 37 on the front and then lost a bit of concentration on the back with a smooth 42, yuck!

Working on the forecadding with my son.  I have to say I become a bit more focused on his performance than mine.  Dont want to upset the guys in the group, but need to step up my game.  Cant be blowing 79's around the course as the captain of the team.

Serious let down.

•  
    Pretty good round on Sunday. Shot a 74 (2 over), but had a nice hole out for eagle on the 10th hole. 95 yards with my 56* vokey.
  •  
    Well done Scott! You are the man. I didn't play on the weekend, but did spend last week in Myrtle Beach. Got in four very inconsistent rounds; 81, 85, 78, and 80. All different courses, with wind gusts over 30 MPH on 2 of the days.
  •  

Tar Heel
    Well done Scott! You are the man. I didn't play on the weekend, but did spend last week in Myrtle Beach. Got in four very inconsistent rounds; 81, 85, 78, and 80. All different courses, with wind gusts over 30 MPH on 2 of the days.

Hellooooow Kitty!!! . . . nice rounds in that condition!

•  

Tar Heel

four inconsistent rounds is better than no rounds!  the wind down there can get brutal some days.  in the winter it can be a pain, but in the summer it's a blessing.

•  

Tar Heel

Randy - good rounds, especially on four different courses in windy conditions.

•  

I usually do not get to play on the weekends as it is time for my wife. Most of my play is during the week (when work is not as hectic). However, my status was not very good...not enough reps leads to not very good score..

-ICONs for ALL