Forums

The best tip you have received for lowering your score

• 1495 points

Interesting practice method timb have to give that a try

•  
    Best way to eliminate three putts...hit your approach shots closer to the hole!
  •  

Wheelez3030

drive for show putt for doe is my best quote from my teaching pro

You putt for female deer?

•  

Play 2 balls and play from the worst shot, sharpens your concentration to have to hit 2 good shots

•  
    golferdrmjr

Wheelez3030

It attracts them on the courses I play
    • 440 points

Practice from 100 yards, practice around the green and putting. After some practice, I start giving myself horrible lies and experiment and try to get it up and down.

•  

golferdrmjr

Wheelez3030

me in my camo shirts and my putting skills atracts them so yes

•  

When chipping be sure to rotate your entire body...it is easy to fall in the trap of trying to chip by breaking your wrists.

•  

Devin_Gmitter

Keep the head still while putting - most important thing you can do in my opinion.

The other came to me from an unnamed golf TV personality, "keep your belly in on the full swing, chips, pitches, etc".  When you "pop" out the belly you come out of your angles causing all types of problems, chunks, blocks, hooks.

Devin, I would disagree. It's the eyes that make the difference. If you are not focused on a spot on the ball and your eyes are moving around you can't hit it.  Lots of great players have a lot of head movement. Tiger comes to mind.

•  
    I would say eliminate 3 putts and penalty shots off the tee. Useless to drive it 300 yards if your OB 90% of the time.
  •  

Eric, how about always keep an eye on your clubs.

•  

golferdrmjr

Wheelez3030

Don,

Give him a break, at least he is not putting for bucks (not that there is anything wrong with that).

•  
    Bob, I must agree with Devin on this one. Headcmovement during the putting stroke is really not that good. It tends to bring your shoulders and then your upper body out of the putt. This leads to very inconsistant putting. Just look at Yani Tseng whenshe is putting poorly for a classic example of what happens when you move your head.
  •  

I was told the only way I'd make any money at the game of golf would be if i sold my clubs...

•  

bholley

golferdrmjr

Wheelez3030

Don,

Give him a break, at least he is not putting for bucks (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Seinfeld? Not that there's anything wrong with that.