Forums

What's your biggest steal buying clubs or equipment.

•  

That's a tough one Eric. Good luck in your search to replace your clubs.

My best deal. My Kombi for under $100 from a Sporting Goods resale shop. A guy just sold it to them an hour before. It had never been used. I offered them a price for a quick sale and they jumped on it. Obviously neither the person who sold it or the store knew what they had. Since then, it has been verified a real Scotty. No cheap reproduction.

•  

The Scotty Kombi appears to be the winner to me...What a deal and to be authentic to boot!

•  

OUTIGER

I just happen to have a set of combo 712's with SM4 wedges, a 910D3 w/ADDI shaft, 906 F, and 910 H.

Will sell them back to you cheap Eric.

TT

I guess Tim wears the same size shoe as Eric and must have liked the bag because it is not for sale either. I am amazed Tim did not complete the "piling on" process by putting Eric in some demeaning pose using photo shop.

•  

I've enjoyed the Callaway preowned site for years now.  They offer good coupons frequently too.

•  

It's been done Bruce. Just can't post them here.

TT

•  

OUTIGER

It's been done Bruce. Just can't post them here.

TT

Ah yes Tim your one upmanship brings to mind one of my favorite short stories "Revenge of the Tiger" written by Rudyard Kipling under one of his earlier pen names of Claude Balls.

• 2180 points

tdogg21

REBEL

I probably shouldn't even be posting this, as i don't need any more competition.. hahaha..

Quibids.com has some amazing deals if you can time them right. Its a pennie auction site. Used to buy and sell a lot from the site, just don't have the time to sit on the computer trying to get stuff cheap anymore.

last year got r11 driver brand new for $3.90+ (20 bids @ .60 each)=12.0 + 20bucks shipping= $47.90.

i've always stayed away from them because of their scamness.  but i'm glad to hear someone got a good deal.  however, i'm a little confused.  shouldn't it have cost you 35.90?  or where there other fees?

quibids.com isn't a scam site at all, just an amazing business idea wich makes them tons of money, and in the end saves the users a ton of money off retail.

This is how the cost breaks down for the driver I got.  The auction ended at $3.90, it took me 20 bids to win (those cost .60 each, so 20x.60) plus shipping of 20 bucks. add that up you get so yes $35.90, apperently math/driving/typing on ipad to FJC isn't my strong point. HAHAHA

I've been using that site for a long time, was definatly sceptical at first. I have got some amazing deals for sure, I have also spent up to retail on some stuff to. They let you subtract your bid price if you purchase for full retail, so you don't have to over pay for on item.  Seems more and more people are getting on there these days, so there isn't hundreds of deals a day, but still there if you can find them.

• 1539 points

Pick up a couple 980 fairway would for 25 a piece like 8 years ago. Awesome deal still my back ups.
  •  

Many Titleist players still carry older fairway metals; ie. Rors' 906's that he hits a country mile!

• 1539 points

I know right its crazy. I will never sell those bad boys.
  •  

Yeah, I was starting to think that too noeldaof.  A little too much of a coincidence.  No more leaving anything worth a darn in my car. 

Definitely upsetting but it's not the end of the world.  I hope they use it and not just pawn it off for some drugs or crap.  For the love of GOLF please just use it! lol

I have everything on order right now and am using my swing coaches set until mine get in.  Crappy situation but I think Tim is pretty happy about it lol.

•  

"Definitely upsetting but it's not the end of the world. I hope they use it and not just pawn it off for some drugs or crap. For the love of GOLF please just use it! lol"

Probably just as well I didn't steal them.

•  

nagz

i got a set of mizuno mp100s for 250 from my friend because he said he never used it and it was just sitting in a case. lol. good deal to me.

that is how I got mine but i only payed 100 dollars for them

• 1539 points

EMKelly0106

Yeah, I was starting to think that too noeldaof.  A little too much of a coincidence.  No more leaving anything worth a darn in my car. 

Definitely upsetting but it's not the end of the world.  I hope they use it and not just pawn it off for some drugs or crap.  For the love of GOLF please just use it! lol

I have everything on order right now and am using my swing coaches set until mine get in.  Crappy situation but I think Tim is pretty happy about it lol.

Man that does suck. One of my friend had his clubs taken on the bad holder when we went into the clubhouse to get beers.
    • 3467 points

MotoreSpeeder shaft, retails at $450 got it for $150 shipped. My only steal, and it was a good one.