Forums

•  

As Roy Williams once put it...."enjoy the journey". Comment and Post when you can. Welcome to the FJ site.

•  

The points are NOT as relative as the content, or the intent to try and foster relationships across the golf community.

I think there are a few earlier posts for reference...someone may still be giving away a nice pair of FJ socks if that intregues you. 

LOL

•  

EMKelly0106
    There should be levels of ambassador as well. Like newbie and veteran or something.

Does this mean that since I'm a "newbie" ambassador that I won't ever be totally accepted into the group or considered a "real" ambassador?

•  

Welcome nagz....Points are just numbers you accumulate along your journey here on the FJ Community...Most important is to join in the conversation !  Through that you will make connections, form friendships, learn something new, share insight and have fun along with a great group of golf enthusiasts..

•  

Dallin

EMKelly0106
    There should be levels of ambassador as well. Like newbie and veteran or something.

Does this mean that since I'm a "newbie" ambassador that I won't ever be totally accepted into the group or considered a "real" ambassador?

i was wondering that as well.

•  

welcome, this is the best online community I've been a part of.  I am sure you will enjoy it if you participate!

Seth

•  

Oh boy, this is a big can of worms you've opened.

•  

EMKelly0106

Should we call you Grand Master Poobah Ambassador?:-)

As NCBob said, not a good idea. All Ambassadors are the same. We understand that you have been here longer, but you do not love FootJoy products any more than someone that has just found out about the site. You, and the other early Ambassadors will always have that distinction of being there before the rest of us. But that does not mean that you are any different than the rest of us in our love of FootJoys!

There are many early Ambassadors with less than a third of the posts it took for many of the latest Ambassadors, are they still "better" than someone that took months of posting and reading and LEARNING. That takes dedication and stick-to-itiveness (it's in my dictionary).  You've still got your post count next to your name, that's good enough I think.

I hope you understand where I am coming from here, you are respected more for your pioneering efforts. But we all put our FootJoys on one foot at a time.

Go TEAM FootJoy!       Don

•  

OUTIGER

The points do not matter as much as just interacting and enjoying the FJC.  There are a bunch of great people on this site that are more than willing to help you with information.  The levels (silver,gold,Ambassador) will fly by if you just post useful content and not just post flood.

EMKelly0106

+1 on the Ambassador levels.

There are more than a few that have been here since the start and have seen how the site has changed.

TT

Tim and Eric,  no need for levels.  Everyone knows you guys as well as the other originals were here first.  It's like the NHL.  There's the Original Six but the league is much bigger now.  Still NHL teams.... just more history, tradition, championships, cool sweaters... :-) 

Or maybe Devin can give each of you guys a gold star by your name.

•  

What if once you hit Ambassador status it changes to "member since X" instead of # of posts? That to me is more impressive. Shows who has been around since the start and those who continue to post after reaching the status.

Just an idea.

Shaun

•  

shaun13

What if once you hit Ambassador status it changes to "member since X" instead of # of posts? That to me is more impressive. Shows who has been around since the start and those who continue to post after reaching the status.

Just an idea.

Shaun

or both.  then see who posts a lot, even after becoming ambassador.  and those who stuck around after becoming ambassador.

•  

shaun13

Just an idea.

Shaun

Shawn, I LOVE THIS IDEA!  Sorry to go Dogloski on you there with the all caps.  I think this is a very cool idea.  Plus it makes Eric feel like a "good ole boy"  ;-)  Just messing with you E!

•  

The points system has been explained fairly well.  I will echo what others have said that it is more of a journey than a race.  Spend time here engaging in conversations about all things Footjoy and golf in-general.  Before you know it, the points will pile up.  I also highly recommend buying a few pairs of MyJoys...your feet will love you for it!  I hope you'll stick around and come to love and appreciate this site as much most of us here do.

•  

welcome Nagz...hope you stick around...its a great community with a lot of really nice, fun people...