Forums

Aging and need Golf Specific Fitness program

• 806 points

FJ community,

I'm turning 52 this year, have always been an athelete, but office life and time constraints are winning!

Do any of you have a 30 minute a day golf specific fitness regimine that can be implmented by my age group?

All suggestions welcomed and Thanks in advance!!!

•  

i dont have any but here is a thought just go run for 15 min then just do some push ups and sit ups for the 15 mins left. or just do a basic workout. but if you want to know about a real workout do a google search.

•  

my best advice would be stretching.  if you can keep things flexible and stretched, you will be well served.  after that i would work on stomach and arms and legs.  nothing real specific, but if you generally hit each spot a couple times a week, you'll be ahead of the game.  sorry i don't have any specific exercises, but i'm at work eating lunch and don't have any at my fingertips.

•  

Wheelez3030

i dont have any but here is a thought just go run for 15 min then just do some push ups and sit ups for the 15 mins left. or just do a basic workout. but if you want to know about a real workout do a google search.

I think that's a quote from TPI.

•  

I would suggest that you visit www.mtpti.com to get golf specific fitness advice as it is the Titleist Performance Institute site.

-ICONs for ALL

•  
    Two thoughts; check on the TPI website or go to a local fitness club and ask to speak with a trainer. They should be able to give you some suggestions or a workout.
    • 3627 points

Give Yoga a try. Will work wonders on an older body and is great for golf.

• 3627 points

Also, you're going to have to spend a lot more time in the gym than 30 min a day. That's barely enough time for a warm up!

•  

You can go to the TPI website and find a certified TPI profesional in your area who will meet with you and set up a training program. I think the meeting and program cost in the $150-$200 range, but then you would have an exact program to build off of.

good luck.

• 1790 points

there are a number of good books specifically on golf fitness available, so I'd recommend  you hit the library. 

• 1594 points

PatCCraig

Give Yoga a try. Will work wonders on an older body and is great for golf.

I just started yoga this year, and the stretching that comes from it really helps. 

•  
    I have found beer works wonders
  •  

Well, being a 60+ I work out 3-4 times per week.  

10 min on elliptical, followed by crunches on a training ball 12 reps, 3 sets. then a light weight workout light weights 12 reps, 2 sets each,  another batch of crunches and hit the road.

You have a little cardio, a little core, and a little strength work.  Just trying to keep your muscles supple and ready to work for you.  Let the young guys pump the iron.

•  

Yoga -n- Swim...... Itll save the joints!

•  

Check out the article in my Power & Pilate's post......