Forums

Video lesson

•  

http://login.onlineskillscoach.com/OSCFiles/Messages/Files/PaulGoyette_2012_04_16_04_16_38.mov

Got a video lesson today, have been struggling here coming back from surgery. Pretty cool info, what say you.

• 2180 points

Very cool, I've been thinking about doing some online swing training. Just a little camera shy. .hahaha.. If you don't mind me asking about what does something like that cost? 

One thing he didn't mention that I noticed right away in your swing, (mainly cause its a fault of mine i'm working on also) is that your upper body/head section have a lateral movement that doesn't coincide with your rotation. I've been having a buddy hold end of a grip on my head to try to keep the movement down in my driver swing. 

• 2671 points

Wow alot of useful information packed in there. I have often wondered if the swing fix would be helpful. Thanks for sharing.

•  

REBEL

Very cool, I've been thinking about doing some online swing training. Just a little camera shy. .hahaha.. If you don't mind me asking about what does something like that cost? 

One thing he didn't mention that I noticed right away in your swing, (mainly cause its a fault of mine i'm working on also) is that your upper body/head section have a lateral movement that doesn't coincide with your rotation. I've been having a buddy hold end of a grip on my head to try to keep the movement down in my driver swing. 

Yes that is correct, I have developed a lateral slide vs a complete turn.

The program is the Hank Haney App for your I phone... the cost is $30.99 per lesson, worth the look to get a different set of eyes on you then you can share with your instructor/ PGA pro so if he didn't see it he will now.

•  

i liked the video but i like swinging with my swing coach because he can tell me what i am doing wrong

•  

Wheelez3030

i liked the video but i like swinging with my swing coach because he can tell me what i am doing wrong

I agree... I havent been to my coach in a while and i wanted another set of eyes first.

•  

Pretty cool approach to understanding how and what you do not see in your swing!

Now, comes the most dificult part - changing the habit....

I have had a few lessons and when I look at the video, well...it is not pretty compared to the Tour guys.

Thanks for sharing and "Hit'em straight"

-ICONs for All

• 2180 points

Paul G

Yes that is correct, I have developed a lateral slide vs a complete turn.

The program is the Hank Haney App for your I phone... the cost is $30.99 per lesson, worth the look to get a different set of eyes on you then you can share with your instructor/ PGA pro so if he didn't see it he will now.

That really isn't that bad, and completely get the "second" set of eyes idea. I believe later in the summer, I will be doing the same thing. Thanks for the info 

•  

Paul G

Wheelez3030

I agree... I havent been to my coach in a while and i wanted another set of eyes first.

i feel the same way.  i like to take any opportunity for a 'pro' to look at my swing.  i might not like or take their advice, but i like to be aware of what is going on with my swing.

• 3627 points

I think it's important to see your swing and what you need to work on every once in a while, especially if you're a visual learner. However, some people can over do it and forget to play by feel.

•  
    Used properly, video is a great instruction aid. I like to video students when they are swining great s a baseline for when they come back with swing issues. It is also a great tool for those students that like to tell you "I don't do that in my swing". What is the old saying......seeing is believing!
  •  

that is awesome Paul!  Very interesting way to get some great info from people in other parts of the country!

•  

some teachers and students don't like video and video analysis, but i'm a fan.  i would rather have more information than less.

• 377 points

Check out http://swingfix.golfchannel.com/

If you create an account (for free), you can upload videos and use all of the tools that the guy did in Paul's video to analyze your own swing. 

Or.... you can pay a fee to have a pro analyze your swing.

Pretty cool.

•  

Pistol11

Check out http://swingfix.golfchannel.com/

If you create an account (for free), you can upload videos and use all of the tools that the guy did in Paul's video to analyze your own swing. 

Or.... you can pay a fee to have a pro analyze your swing.

Pretty cool.

that's pretty cool.  i'm definitely going to try this out!