Forums

How Much $$$ Is Too Much To Pay For A Scramble

•  

I don't mind paying $75 to $150 for a scramble. For some reason all the local scrambles recently raised all the prices to $150 to $350 PER PLAYER. I thank that’s just too much to pay for a scramble. I know almost all of the scrambles are for some sort of charity but, that’s just too much money to pay.

What do you think is a reasonable price & how much would you pay for a scramble ?

•  

I like to stay in the $150 - 200 range as it allows for more opportunities within charitable budget. In a season that is about 1 every three weeks or less.

All for a good cause....

-ICONs for All

•  

I have seen them as high a $500 per team member. Remember, it isn't about what you are paying to play golf, it is about what yuo are giving to the charity.

•  

19hole

I have seen them as high a $500 per team member. Remember, it isn't about what you are paying to play golf, it is about what yuo are giving to the charity.

True Rick, the ones I have played in have been from $250 up. If you won you got a tiny little trophy. It is not about winning it is about the charity. The ones I play in generally have free beverages so I do OK.

•  

I like to think in terms of what I am giving to and try to limit myself to $150 - 200 per event. This allows for an event every few weeks.

It's all about the giving.....

-ICONs for All 

•  
    I think there a lot of factors that play into how much I will pay to play in a scramble, first what is the charity, and the course. Those are the big things I look at don't play in a lot though, I would rather play individual tournaments.
    • 1596 points

The Scramble is normally for a charity fund raiser. The most I have paid is $250. I think the majority charges around $125.00, a comfortable price.

A forgotten group in scrambles is us Seniors that prefer the forward tees, Some forget that the Senior is at a disadvantage if not offered forward tees. Most I have discussed this say well they get to pick the tee shot of a long players on their team. That is correct, but that also means for the "drive" a team with a Senior has one less tee shot to pick from...;

$125.00 is a good number for a scramble.

Regards

•  

for me it depends on the purpose...if its a fund raiser for a sporting team or something like that...i won't go above $100...if its a charitable fundraiser i will max out at around $250...

unless of course its at a course i would never be able to play without participating...i might consider going higher

•  

For me it depends on the charity, the course and the food offered.  I like to keep it below $100 unless its a great cause.

•  

i try to stay under $100.  but i make exceptions depending on the course, the charity, and the 'extras.'  i probably wouldn't go above 150 unless it's something special.  (either course or charity).

• 385 points

I always look at it as what is my purpose of playing. Depending on if I am there to help a charity, play a course I normally wouldn't, or play with friends I normally don't get to very often, versus trying to win money. I have paid anything from $100 to $300 per player but normally like to stick to around $125 to $200.

•  

Doesn't bother me.....  I let my work pay for it!!  LOL

•  

The scrambles that I play in are normally $125. Fortunately this also gets me on a couple of courses in KC that I would not normally have access to.

•  

johndeere10

Doesn't bother me.....  I let my work pay for it!!  LOL

nice......care to sponsor me in a couple tourneys!  haha.

•  

I agree, $75-$100 is a good price for a scamble.  That should cover the cost incurred for the golf, cart, and prizes.  If you get into having a lunch and or dinner, then you jump into the $125 - $190 range.

Most courses charge around $45-65 pp for golf and cart giving, $10-15 pp for prizes and the "cause" should get the rest.  There are always other things to bump up the charity...closest contests, putting, ect...