Forums

I have an idea ( kinda scary, i know)

• 2180 points

Don't know if this has been discussed before or not. 

What do you think about a FJ swapmeet section or sub section??? 

A place to buy/sell/trade whatever.. Seems they are few and far between on the sites I like to frequent 

Its hard to find good deals on used items unless you like using FLEABAY.. 

Maybe make it only visible to bronze/silver/gold or FJA. That way we wouldn't get a bunch of  sign up scammer types in there. 

I know it would have to be a deal were FJ takes no responsibility in the act of buying/selling, however IMO this is a pretty tight knit group of people, who I for one feel that I can trust. 

I'm part of a one of the bigger mountain sledding forums online and we have found the swapmeet section to be a very useful tool for attracting members, and keeping them interested. Which makes more posts/conversation in other areas of the forum. 

Has FJ ever thought about it? 

Whats your guys/gals thoughts on it?

•  

I wouldn't be interested. I am here for the FootJoy related news and such. Not really a trader.

•  

I just like the chatter. Not much of a swapper.

•  

I am not interested however I know a lot of people would like to trade shoes with Eric.

•  
    Nahh, leave that to GolfWRX. Not here for that. If you have an item or something you want to give the FJC the first shot at, I'd message Devo and see if it's ok. I wouldn't be too interested.
  •  

I agree with Eric.  There are plenty of options out there to purchase/trade items.  This is not the place for a full blown classified section.

The one thing that I would like to see, maybe reserve it to Ambassadors, would be the opportunity to purchase items directly from FJ.  

•  

Yes a FJA store :). Outside transactions can get a bit tricky, had a few issues myself in the past with "trusted" people and got screwed.

•  

i wouldn't mind it.  i'd rather buy a used club from someone here than another site.  but you have to keep in mind, just because there is a 'closer' group here, doesn't mean you couldn't get screwed.  sometimes it's best to not mix business and pleasure.

and i'm not sure if it'd be something FJ would want.  doesn't really help them in any way.

•  

ToddL

I agree with Eric.  There are plenty of options out there to purchase/trade items.  This is not the place for a full blown classified section.

The one thing that I would like to see, maybe reserve it to Ambassadors, would be the opportunity to purchase items directly from FJ.  

The FJA Store has merit as it allows for the exclusive purchase of branded FJA items and makes ordering less of an issue to other departments (Chris/Devin) to be involved in a routine transaction. Tranactional data can still be directed to those necessary to fulfil and manage the tranasctions.

•  

i can see what your thinking but i say that is a bad idea

•  

RATHER NOT.

IF I AM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING UNIQUE I'LL USE EBAY.

DON'T WANT TO CLUTTER OUR FORUMS,ETC.

•  

Thanks, REBEL, but no for me.  I like it here because we get to see, hear, and get it firsthand from FootJoy. All the "when are the new apparel being released and all that stuff is cool. . . not to mention when FootJoy/TBV does a limited edition (got to be quick next year if you know what I mean).

Anyway, each holiday season, I always gain cousin or two whom I've never met before, ever or an in-laws in-laws in-law from a country we've never even heard of.  Usually, we meet in my garage where I keep my golf stuff that I don't use or at rest or being punished.

'don't know how they find out, but the conversations starts like this; "Those putter you have inside your bag are the best they've ever came out with. . . is this it's predecessor?" . . . ugh!

'nope, craiglist doesn't stand a chance.

•  

Don't think I'd be too interested in that.  There are other sites where this can be done...for here, I just enjoy the conversation.

• 2180 points

Ok well cancel that idea... lmao

•  

I agree , don't think it would be a good idea.