Forums

A Message To The New Members

•  

Well said. I think your message was definitely needed and I can only hope I'm not considered as a guilty party, since I consider myself as a newby.  This truly is a great forum and a great place to talk about golf, FJ products and become friends with total strangers.  I've learned a ton from the people of this forum.

•  

Scott, 

Don't ruin a good thread by bragging about another victory in the yahoo fantasy golf.  hahaha.  Because I can moderate you on that board.  

TT

•  

For all you new people it is OK to power post but only about the threads which pertain to me.

•  

OUTIGER

Scott, 

Don't ruin a good thread by bragging about another victory in the yahoo fantasy golf.  hahaha.  Because I can moderate you on that board.  

TT

Yeah - never tick off the league commish and moderator...a lesson that everyone should learn for all online communities.  haha.

•  

Eric, very well stated. Randy, our resident sage, also well done. As another long time resident of the FJ community, I believe we all respect and interact as a family. This has become a closely nit group with members coming and going as life events allow. I too appreciate this group and invite the new members that have been drawn by the contests. I hope that those that are not coming simply for the contests, will read and enjoy the banter, insights and discussions. We are an open friendly group that truly enjoy golf and all things FootJoy.

Incidentally, Scott and Tim, I am gunning for you in Fantasy Golf. I'm much more consistant than Tiger and may wear you down by the fall.

•  

Eric, 

Spot on!  I've also learned alot here and feel I've started to build some great relationships with members.  I feel like I've improved my knowledge to where my posting is higher quality thanks to all of you for helping increase my golf IQ.   I can't wait for the day I can play a round with some of you!  We should do some FJC events like TCC does!

Being Ambassador is so much more than socks.  When you put the bag tag and hat on you are an extension of the brand and should hold yourself to a higher standard on and off the course.  

My favorite part of being part of the community is that I get to talk to others who LOVE FootJoy (and Titleist) as much as I do!  I'm extremely brand loyal and passionate about the brands I support.  

I'll admit I've refrained from posting much in the forums lately due to old posts being brought up.  I did bring back a few old posts in my early days BUT I only did it when there was an interesting thing to discuss about it.  ie discussing clothing and then FJ releases clothing.  When the forums are flooded with useless posts saying "cool" and "great, cannot buy one" I disengage because there isn't value for me in reading that stuff.  If you want to say "hey that is cool" send that poster a private message or something.

When I joined last year the forums weren't like this and I hope they return to that soon.  

I know TCC prevents power posting by the mods not counting certain posts towards the post count.  Maybe we need to do that.  It's unfortunate but it feels the quality must be preserved.  

fyi in case anyone is wondering it's not a memo... it's a mission statement ;-)

•  

This post had to be. I agree with everything that was said.  Thank you for taking the time to compose this post.

•  

All,

Eric this was a great post, thanks for writting it. This community has become something that I never thought it would be, it is like a family. I have grown friendships from this website that will last me the rest of my life, and things like that don't happen very often on-line. It is a very special group of FJA's that have kept this thing going and growing, and I am honored to part of that. it also takes an amazing team at FJ to grow this site as they have, and it is more insulting to waste thier time, in my opinion with power posting.

Please enjoy the site and participate, but do it because you love golf, FJ and having a great time meeting new people. Not for some free gear.

Shaun

•  

memphisunited

agree... :)

Eric made a great point about the free socks.  I would hate to see this site being overly moderated and post "graded" based on if they should count towards the overall count or not.  New community slogan - "It's not about the free socks."

But it is about the FJA Fantasy League - right Tim?  I heard nothing about my winter segment victory.

Hey, there's still a few more segments during which I can catch you!  :)

•  

Eric I think this is a great reflection on this issue.
    For me this issue has a natural remedy, who just wants the FJA status as soon as reach it, as soon they disappear. It is easy to see who is here to stay and to those who should praise for his contribution.
    Also as can be seen FJ passion has no boundaries, neither frontiers.

Thanks all for the good time we share here.

•  

ERIC, YOU PUT INTO WORDS WHAT I'M SURE MANY OF US HAVE BEEN THINKING.

THANKS MY FRIEND.

THIS FORUM IS SUCH A UNIQUE HAPPENING THAT MANY OF US BELIEVE TO BE A SECOND FAMILY BASED ON THE LOVE OF THE GAME AND SPONSERED BY THE NUMBER ONE NAME IN GOLF SHOES,GLOVES AND APPARELL, FOOTJOY,,ONLY THE BEST.OUR SPONSERS UNIQUE STATUS IN THE GAME GIVES US ALL A STANDARD BY WHICH WE CONDUCT OURSELVES,,,,,,ONLY THE BEST.

LETS KEEP IT THAT WAY.

IT WOULD TRULY BE A GREAT LOSS TO ME IF I DIDN'T HAVE THIS GROUP TO CONNECT WITH EVERY DAY.

THANKS AGAIN ERIC FOR YOUR THOUGHTFUL WORDS.

•  

Justinu3

Eric, 

Spot on!  I've also learned alot here and feel I've started to build some great relationships with members.  I feel like I've improved my knowledge to where my posting is higher quality thanks to all of you for helping increase my golf IQ.   I can't wait for the day I can play a round with some of you!  We should do some FJC events like TCC does!

Being Ambassador is so much more than socks.  When you put the bag tag and hat on you are an extension of the brand and should hold yourself to a higher standard on and off the course.  

My favorite part of being part of the community is that I get to talk to others who LOVE FootJoy (and Titleist) as much as I do!  I'm extremely brand loyal and passionate about the brands I support.  

I'll admit I've refrained from posting much in the forums lately due to old posts being brought up.  I did bring back a few old posts in my early days BUT I only did it when there was an interesting thing to discuss about it.  ie discussing clothing and then FJ releases clothing.  When the forums are flooded with useless posts saying "cool" and "great, cannot buy one" I disengage because there isn't value for me in reading that stuff.  If you want to say "hey that is cool" send that poster a private message or something.

When I joined last year the forums weren't like this and I hope they return to that soon.  

I know TCC prevents power posting by the mods not counting certain posts towards the post count.  Maybe we need to do that.  It's unfortunate but it feels the quality must be preserved.  

fyi in case anyone is wondering it's not a memo... it's a mission statement ;-)

Justinu3, this is very helpful to me and many of us newbies.  I know your response was about Erics, but reading between the lines helps me. 

Yes, definitely, FJ community forum has quality people in it and many of you has helped expand our (mine for sure) golf IQ if you will, and not to mention the good humors as I chuckle behind my desk while everyone here at work goes nuts as our phone rings off the hook.  The good attitudes that comes along with it is very cool and I use that term loosely to be funny, although I know I'm not a funny guy nor do I have the gift.

Although I'm a new guy here in FJ community, I still feel new to golf as well.  I may have been learning golf since the early '90s but the newness of it still shines in my mind and in my heart.  I guess I have a tendency of hanging on to things and people I like for a long time.  Like my wife and I have been married almost 27 years. .  huh . . . commin up again in June! (yay) . . . (too much information)  But my point is that I feel everyone's passion to preserve the goodness of the community which the original Ambassadors have built together with Foot Joy.  My intentions are the same as a new comer to your community, whether I stay or disappear, I would like to see this community move on with its original image as you have built it to be.  I believe you and this community does good for the game and the "club" sort of speak or the community which radiates to us new and outsiders.  But we can't help it.  Many of you are friendly and we see many things about you that we like.

In any case, outside looking in is good enough for me as a privilege here in the FJ world.  I'm good with that, partner.  Although. . . I might post a few stuff and participate in some of the things we could relate to.  (and pick up a few points - lol) just kidding. . . can;t help it, it comes with it :-)

Anyway, I'm purposely missing out on the Masters, I want to do that later-- uninterrupted-- I've got a new bottle of San Antonio chards, I think I'll open with it.

Cheers!

_no'l

•  

this needed to be said.  out of frustration, i started a thread that alluded to this, but didn't feel i had the standing in the community to say anything firmer.

i made a point of NOT posting on old threads as i feel there is little value in finding an old thread and reviving it.  i earn ambassador status quicker than most and much quicker than i expected.  but it wasn't because i was 'power posting' to get there.  i just sort of had a perfect storm of some time on my hands, a golf itch, and not being able to go out and play.  i originally went to golfwrx, but quickly decided i didn't like it there.  then i remembered this place.  i had joined almost 2 years ago, but hadn't posted much.  and i'm glad i came back.  i've said it before, but this place is like a clubhouse.  i love talking golf.

hopefully, i didn't offend anyone with my postings, as i tried to 'play by the rules' and really tried to add to the conversation.    sometimes i felt like i was starting too many threads, but a lot of times i would come across something and want to share it and discuss it.  long story short, i really only have one or two golf friends now, so i'm limited in my golf talk.

well, this went on longer than i expected, but i'm glad this was brought up.  i had stopped posting due to the fact that i was tired of seeing outdated threads and the new threads instantly leaving the first page.  hopefully this will change and things will get back to how they were when i started posting again.

•  
    That was a great message that you posted .. It is true and right on
  •  

Here Here, Eric. Being a FJA for me is an identity; not about socks, bag tags, trips to Chicago, or anything else other than the men and women whom I have become friends with over this past year. Looking at the forums is a part of my everyday life now, same as eating, drinking, and of course playing golf! Cheers to the FJAs!