Forums

Do you walk or ride?

•  

Usually walk when playing my local Sunday game...other courses (longer or more hilly) I will ride.

•  
    I prefer to walk but if I'm trying to get in quite a few holes I'll ride
  •  

WALKED FOR YEARS.

NOW WE RIDE EXCLUSIVELY--TOO MANY THINGS GOING POP,OUCH,SNAP,OUCH,,,,,,,,,,ETC.

•  

I walk most every round.  But when I'm a guest or on longer courses, I will ride. to make things easier for all concerned.  

TT

• 3627 points

Nice to see some walkers here!

• 370 points

When I play at my home town course I walk about 95% of the time. Playing with the guys on Fridays and weekends I ride about 99% of the time.
  •  

It depends - my goal is always to walk more because its cheaper and healthier.  But, I bought a Dallas/Fort Worth golf coupon book and I only have to pay a cart fee at a lot of the courses, so if I'm only paying for a cart fee, then I definitely ride. 

It also depends on the weather, if it is cart path only, then it is just easier to walk.  If the weather is more than about 90* - like it is most of the summer - then it is always cart for me.

•  

I walk 9 holes regularly and 18 whenever possible. When limited for time or a on new course I am unfamilar with I ride.....

•  

the last couple of years i had a membership at a course that covered greens fees, but you had to ride and pay the cart fee.  so i would ride.  plus the fact that i usually don't have a ton of time, i can get a lot more golf in.  18 holes in under 3 hours and if it's evening, we would play as many holes as we could.  sometimes getting 25+ holes in the 4-4 1/2 hours we would have before dark.  so in that case, to me, it's worth riding.

•  

Walk most of the times.

• 691 points

I both walk and ride depending on the time of the season and personal preference of the day
    • 2860 points

My group is at the stage where we ride but I always try to let someone else drive so I can walk between most shots.

• 806 points

Nothing beats a walk, even with a tour bag!

• 3627 points

Striker Wright

walking with a tour bag = torture! :)

•  

PatCCraig

Striker Wright

walking with a tour bag = torture! :)

More power to you if you like carrying that much. 

Maybe it's my back. . . but I don't like to carry if i don't have to.  I love to walk and I love to play multiple rounds a day.  If I carry, I could only do 18.  Walking with a cart caddy allows me to play 36.  Walking 18 and riding 36 in a day. . . precious.