Forums

ADJUSTABLE(S)

•  

To me its just for customizing it to your swing and should be done by a certified fitter.  I do not adjust my clubs because they are not going where I want.  I fix my swing.

TT

•  

OUTIGER

To me its just for customizing it to your swing and should be done by a certified fitter.  I do not adjust my clubs because they are not going where I want.  I fix my swing.

TT

you're exactly right.  if it was me, i might consider changing it to suit my game, but that's probably not the best approach.  obviously a club fitter would do that. (i hope).

•  

THANKS FOLKS FIOR THE CONVERSATION.

THANKS RICK FOR ALWAYS BEING THERE TO HELP US.

ALWAYS FUN TO GRAB A HOT TOPIC AND RUN IN SOME DIRECTION WITH IT.

HEY, HOW ABOUT A BELT BUCKLE MADE TO FIT MY BELLY PUTTER INTO OR BETTER YET WEAR IT UNDER YOUR SHIRT SO NOBODY KNOWS YOU HAVE IN ON?? THEN THE BELLY PUTTER WOULD ALWAYS BE IN EXACTLY THE RIGHT PLACE.

JUST MESSING FOLKS BUT I GUESS YOU GET THE IDEA THAT I DON'T LIKE THE BELLY PUTTER.

ENJOY,,,,,LOL,LOL,LOL.

•  

Doug, great conversation you started.  From my perspective, I now have one adjustable club--a 910H 24 degree hybrid.  We set it at the fitting and have not adjusted it since.  As 19hole says, that's the proper way to do it.  I do know that if I were not hitting it the distance we projected for it (either too long or too short) then it would be possible to re-fit to find the correct distance to go within my overall set.  Who would want to constantly tinker with their clubs to that extent, anyway?  Most players would be like Phil--one driver for fade, one for draw; take some other club out of the bag for that round.

•  

I just got an email from Golfweek, Ping is coming out with an adjustable belly putter.

http://golfweek.com/news/2012/mar/27/ping-introduce-adjustable-belly-putter/

•  

well said Rick...get fitted and leave the club alone....