Forums

What's wrong with this picture?

•  

IJP signed a shoe deal with Puma in January to wear their shoes and belts. It was, of course, influenced by his equipment deal and the money they offered.

He is indeed wearing Pumas in the pic. Looks like they are making custom shoes for him -- the white with pink is not in their collection.

It was a sad day for all of us FJ fans when Ian went to the dark side! He was one of the most positive and stylish ambassadors of the brand.

•  

tdogg21

EMKelly0106
    My guess is Puma/Cobra spoke in numbers and commas. Not much more was needed. IMO

i would guess you were exactly right.  and considering his play lately, Cobra might have played a little hardball to get him.

He has been with Cobra for years.  That doesn't bother me... it's just too bad he dropped a good shoe for a lame one.

•  

joshgiano

PatCCraig

How can you tell they're not FJ?

Because they're ugly.

+1,000 Josh!  LOL... man they are bad

• 1033 points

too bad for him he won't be able to get all the sweet myjoy option. Im sure hell be able to do some stuff puma, but Puma is definetly trying to gain the flashy golfer market! FJ all the way baby!  Although I do like the Lamkin grips on the new cobra clubs. The lime green 3 gens.

•  

Now he will shop at Walmart for his clothes.  That's where he gets his PUMAS.

•  

I'm definitely not impressed by the Puma shoes...wonder how IJP feels about the shoes by Puma since he was such a long standing FJ guy?

•  

EMKelly0106

tdogg21

EMKelly0106
    My guess is Puma/Cobra spoke in numbers and commas. Not much more was needed. IMO

i would guess you were exactly right.  and considering his play lately, Cobra might have played a little hardball to get him.

He has been with Cobra for years.  That doesn't bother me... it's just too bad he dropped a good shoe for a lame one.

i agree.  no problem with it from me either.  it's a business, and lets be honest, if Puma came and said they would make shoes however i wanted in whatever colors i wanted.....and paid me to wear them.  i wouldn't pass it up.

•  
    So sad........ I was one who looked very much forward to seeing IJP stroll on course with his coordinated Icon Asymetricals and outfits. It's just not the same, and when I saw him Sunday I was quite a bit maudlin over his switch. Yes, it is about money. However, for a guy who is one of the truly stylish haberdashers on course, the shoes just are too blah for me. So take the phewMa money Ian. I too wil move on..... It was fun while it lasted.
  •  
    PatCCraig

How can you tell they're not FJ?

Because they look awful!
  •  

Tar Heel
    So sad........ I was one who looked very much forward to seeing IJP stroll on course with his coordinated Icon Asymetricals and outfits. It's just not the same, and when I saw him Sunday I was quite a bit maudlin over his switch. Yes, it is about money. However, for a guy who is one of the truly stylish haberdashers on course, the shoes just are too blah for me. So take the phewMa money Ian. I too wil move on..... It was fun while it lasted.

Well said, would be interesting if you could get him in a room alone what he would say about them vs. the Icon's he had been wearing! Having tried them on in the past they don't come near the comfort and quality of our FJ goods.

• 3627 points

Lame Ian! 

•  

Rampage

too bad for him he won't be able to get all the sweet myjoy option. Im sure hell be able to do some stuff puma, but Puma is definetly trying to gain the flashy golfer market! FJ all the way baby!  Although I do like the Lamkin grips on the new cobra clubs. The lime green 3 gens.

I concur...

There is a tremendous market awaiting in the "next" generation of players (under 30) that want the sporty look (I am playing in my tennis shoes) and as traditionalist, we see it for what it is: a FAD.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

It's ALL about the money. Shoot, if they'd pay me $100,000 per year, I'd wear klompen.

•  

fredcloss

It's ALL about the money. Shoot, if they'd pay me $100,000 per year, I'd wear klompen.

i wouldn't think twice about it either.  i'd sign before they had a chance to change their minds!