Forums

Quick Update from Kab

•  

Congratulations Kyle, that's great news! I'm sure everyone is very proud of you. Good luck in the future.

•  

kab012345

I know I haven't been on much lately, but it is because I have been very busy.

Spring sports (golf) has begun, but I am still in basketball season, and tonight, my team will be playing in our state's Class D Semi-final at the MSU Breslin Center, so please wish us luck!

Also, I wanted to thank everyone who prayed or wished me luck on the Evans Scholarship... because I GOT IT! I am now an Evans Scholar! I was given the scholarship for Michigan State, but now I am just waiting for my acceptance letter from State, heh. (I got into U of M for those who prefer U of M :p)

Other than that, I hope to be more active in a few weeks after things cool down (because Senior Trip and Spring Break Golf Trip are upcoming [to FL]), and hope that everyone and the community is still doing well!

Congrats on the Evans Scholarship...I have had many friends receive the Evans award...its quite an acheivement and you should be proud!!!

•  

Congrats.  Keep up the good work!!

•  

Congrats Kab!

•  

Congratulations and best wishes in Spartan country.

•  

Let me add my 2 cents worth.  Congratulations, Kab.  Two sport letterman.  Evans Scholarship.  Terrific start.  Keep it up through college.  Do us proud as an FJA.

•  
    Congrats Kab and Justin. Two great accomplishments. Well done.
  •  

Justinu3

Congrats!  That is very cool!

I've also been busy and away alot lately (finishing my MBA in 3 weeks and we on vacation for a week).  Good to be back and getting ready to start golfing in Iowa!

congrats on the MBA.  that's something i've been wanting to do, but just haven't.  i don't really need it in my field, but it might help.  biggest problem is work won't pay for it and i don't have the money for it while my wife is in grad school.  and i'm not going to get a raise if i get it, so i can't even think of it that way.

•  
    Kab OK, you must go to Michigan sir! Their Evans program is fantastic, and their house on campus is a real gorgeous one! Seriously, GO Blue young man. And all the best as you go to college. A major change in your life for sure. My only daughter graduates in Ann Arbor on April 28, and I can't tell you how fats the time has gone. Simply insane but such a great time, for her and me. All my best to you Kab.
  •  

Thanks everyone, and we were able to win and advance to the Class D State Final on Saturday morning (at the [MSU] Breslin Center again), so please continue to wish us luck in our last game of the year!

Justin, congratulations to you as well! That is another huge accomplishment.

Tar Heel - It's only for MSU because I hadn't been accepted when I m, so I think they made the decision based on the other interviewees as well. But it's still nice to know that I got into U of M (on the same day as I got the scholarship letter in the mail let alone, haha). You must be very proud of your daughter though. :-)

•  

Justinu3

Congrats!  That is very cool!

I've also been busy and away alot lately (finishing my MBA in 3 weeks and we on vacation for a week).  Good to be back and getting ready to start golfing in Iowa!

Justin, Congrats to you on your MBA as well. It will pay off and you will never regret it. I got my MBA and it has helped me so much - I don't need it in my career field (Human Resources) but it sure helps me stand apart from the competition when I apply to jobs.

•  

kab012345

Thanks everyone, and we were able to win and advance to the Class D State Final on Saturday morning (at the [MSU] Breslin Center again), so please continue to wish us luck in our last game of the year!

Tar Heel - It's only for MSU because I hadn't been accepted when I m, so I think they made the decision based on the other interviewees as well. But it's still nice to know that I got into U of M (on the same day as I got the scholarship letter in the mail let alone, haha). You must be very proud of your daughter though. :-)

Kab - thanks for the update...I was wondering how you guys did.  Glad to hear that you did better than MSU did last night. :) Good luck on Saturday - and keep us posted.

•  

Congrats Kab! Good luck in the finals and great news on the Evans for MSU!Even thought Tarheel won'r admit it, Sparty is a great school so I hope you get in.

• 3548 points

Congrats on the Evans Scholarship...that's a big honor! Also, good luck with your game tomorrow!

•  

kab012345

nice to hear there will at least be someone still playing basketball at MSU!  good luck and leave it all on the court!  win or lose, walk away knowing you gave it all.