Forums

did anyone see this?

•  

anyone happen to see this?  i think these are great ideas more people should follow.

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-instruction/2011-10/photos-reasonable-rules#intro

•  

That's good stuff - thanks for sharing.  That could help speed up the pace of play on some courses, which I'm a big fan of.

•  

Thanks for sharing this as most people make up their "own/local" rules anyway.

Often it is simply a matter of being respectful of the game; the course and fellow golfers that causes more concern for not being followed; thus slowing down play.

-ICONs for ALL

• 3506 points

Helpful ideas for pace of play for sure. As long as its in good fun, who cares. Obviously, tourney play is different

•  

Have seen it now ! Thanks for sharing.... Reasonable Rules of Golf for 'anyone' not just men.....

•  

No bad at all.  I really like the picking up one.  Nothing is more frustrating than watching a guy "spiderman" a 10 foot putt for a 13.

As long as you're not at a Monday qualifier and your partners establish the rules before the round I don't see any harm in it.

• 3506 points

joshgiano

No bad at all.  I really like the picking up one.  Nothing is more frustrating than watching a guy "spiderman" a 10 foot putt for a 13.

As long as you're not at a Monday qualifier and your partners establish the rules before the round I don't see any harm in it.

HAHA!!

•  

the course i normally play during the summer has quite a bit of rocks and roots.  so we play that you can move the ball where needed to get out of the 'crap.'  and if that means you got a better lie, congrats, you got lucky.  but that is a lot better than someone dinging a club when the most we ever play for is dinner.

• 3551 points

I can see these helping the pace of play...especially the play OB as a lateral hazard.

•  

GREAT IDEAS WHEN "IN THE SPIRIT OF THE GAME".

THEY WILL DEFINATELY SPEED UP PLAY.

•  

We so many courses running through housing developments with OB on both edges of the fairway I think playing OB like a lateral hazard would be in the best interests of the game.

•  

DOGLOSKI

GREAT IDEAS WHEN "IN THE SPIRIT OF THE GAME".

THEY WILL DEFINATELY SPEED UP PLAY.

and that's a lot more important than a lot of people think.

•  

Some pretty good ideas there for casual play.  No sense in those of us that can't afford to replace a club every round to break one hitting off a root.  These would definitely help speed up pace of play.  Thanks for posting.

•  

i like the idea about treating OB as lateral.  i don't hit many OB or lose that many.  but if i hit a ball i think isn't bad, but i can't find, i'm not going back to the tee unless it's a tourney.  and i'd be mad if the group in front of me did that.

•  

These things have been batted around many times in the past.  The Scots all play match play and when you are out of the hole they head for the next tee. We play match play and kick back putts that have no meaning, hit it out your watching the hole, we can get around pretty quick that way and have a lot of fun.