Forums

Golf Club Brand Loyalty

•  

Mondo

Quality and reputation are reasons I play what I play...I also try them and make sure I like them as well

same here.  no one is paying me to play their stuff, so if it's my money, i'm going with the best clubs i can afford.  usually i end up being loyal to a brand, but if they came out with crap stuff, i wouldn't buy it just to have that brand.

•  

Interesting question, when I look at my bag now I look almost 100% TM. Irons (R7's PW-5), hybrids are 3 and 4 TP rescues and the 3 wood and driver are R11's. I love my SC putter, and my 56 and 60 are cleveland limited edition wedges with the Canadian flag etched in it. I just picked up my 1st Vokey for my 52 gap wedge and it is amazing! Will be replacing the 56 and 60 with Vokey's for sure.

Ball is Pro V1.

I did not try to be all TM for my main clubs, just the ones that fit me the best. Will be going after new irons next year, and will keep my options wide open to see what fits me best. I have tried the new AP1's and they are fantastic.

Shoes are 100% FJ, and the polos are heading that direction.

•  

My bag is all Titleist clubs and has been for years.  I have tried other clubs and they were nice (Adams hybrid, TM woods) but were not any better than what I currently have.

Shoes are FJ and I have mostly FJ apparel.  Still have some logo shirts from other brands for work or from events. 

•  

I am not necessarily brand-loyal to my irons but I am a huge fan of the service at Callaway Preowned so have been gaming Callaways.

•  

I went Acushnet Co loyal within the last 2 years. Finally got the irons in to complete the bag. I went loyal to them because I have always been that way in shoes and gloves and had a few Titleist clubs throughout the last few years and decided to make the whole bag that way. Love everything about them.  Sorry I have nothing more profound to write about them, my brain is tired from this busy working Monday!

•  

I have been playing PING clubs for years and have several sets of them put up as well. My loyalties run strong with them. The same runs true with FootJoy.

Current setup

Driver: PING G20

3 Wood: PING Rapture V2

Hybrid: PING G10 18*

4-pw: PING S57 Blue dot +.75(zz65 stiff)

Wedges: PING Tour W (zz65 stiff)

Putter: PING Redwood Anser   

Shoes: ICONS

"I think the main thing to remember is what works well for you."

I would concider going to a demo day that has the major competitors together. I was at one last year that had PING, Taylormade, Callaway, Wilson and Clevland. Just look around and see when some of these guys will be in your area. Hit each one of the brands and find what fits your game the best and go with that.

• 3852 points

In December, celebrated 16 years with the same Titleist DCI Black irons in my bag.

Enough said.

•  

timb

I have been playing PING clubs for years and have several sets of them put up as well. My loyalties run strong with them. The same runs true with FootJoy.

Current setup

Driver: PING G20

3 Wood: PING Rapture V2

Hybrid: PING G10 18*

4-pw: PING S57 Blue dot +.75(zz65 stiff)

Wedges: PING Tour W (zz65 stiff)

Putter: PING Redwood Anser   

Shoes: ICONS

"I think the main thing to remember is what works well for you."

I would concider going to a demo day that has the major competitors together. I was at one last year that had PING, Taylormade, Callaway, Wilson and Clevland. Just look around and see when some of these guys will be in your area. Hit each one of the brands and find what fits your game the best and go with that.

i'm the same.  i have a ping G10 driver and just ordered a i15 hybrid and have used a ping putter for years.  i don't currently have a ping irons, but have had 3 different sets of Eye 2s over the years.  absolutely loved them.  plus i like that Ping is a family business.  i'm looking for new irons and would like to try the titleist irons.  i've heard good things about them.

•  

I'm loyal to brands but my bag is mixed

Irons-Ping G-10's(my son now has my i3's)

Hybrid's-Taylormade Dual Rescues 5 & 3 just as long as the Rocketbalz

Driver-Ping G2 although that may go to Taylormade R-11 this year

Putter-finally replace my Ping Craz-e with Scotty Kombi

Wedges-Cleveland CG 12& 16(traded my Vokey for a 60 CG16 better feel)

although I have hit a number of drivers, irons, wedges and putters at demo days and in stores, for some reason, the fit of this odd combination of brands seems to work best for me. And, I have been fitted for my putter and irons and will be again for my driver this Spring so some of my blind loyalty is taken out of the mix.

•  

jlawton1

I'm loyal to brands but my bag is mixed

Irons-Ping G-10's(my son now has my i3's)

Hybrid's-Taylormade Dual Rescues 5 & 3 just as long as the Rocketbalz

Driver-Ping G2 although that may go to Taylormade R-11 this year

Putter-finally replace my Ping Craz-e with Scotty Kombi

Wedges-Cleveland CG 12& 16(traded my Vokey for a 60 CG16 better feel)

although I have hit a number of drivers, irons, wedges and putters at demo days and in stores, for some reason, the fit of this odd combination of brands seems to work best for me. And, I have been fitted for my putter and irons and will be again for my driver this Spring so some of my blind loyalty is taken out of the mix.

i guess i'm similar to you.  i'm loyal to brands, but not necessarily one brand for my entire bag.  i don't see me ever getting rid of my ping putters, but i'm not going to be getting ping wedges any time soon.

by the way, i have a ping G2 driver at my place in NC.  only hit it a couple times a year, but it's a nice driver.  i upgraded to a G10 in my 'main' bag at home and really love it.  added distance and accuracy.  make sure you check out the G20 when you're looking for a new driver.

• 534 points

I play Mizuno MP-32's because I love the look and feel and have never found much of any performance difference in anything else to make a change, although I may look at new shafts.

•  

golfdoc1

In December, celebrated 16 years with the same Titleist DCI Black irons in my bag.

Enough said.

How many times have those things been re-gripped?!

• 1484 points

I've tried misc. other brands (Callaway, TM, Wilson) but always come back to my Titleist. A full bag for me. I always try out other clubs at local demo days, but nothing looks right or feels right. I think it might be a mental block (maybe I've been Titleist brainwashed). For footwear and gloves it has been (and will always be) FootJoy.

•  

I STUCK WITH ACUSHNET WHEN I BOUGHT MT COBRA TRANSITION S CLUBS,

ONLY ADAMS AND COBRA HAD TRANSITION CLUBS AT THE TIME AND I NEEDED THE HELP THAT 4 HYBRID TYPE CLUBS GAVE ME--4,5,6&7.

•  

I played with an inexpensive set the first year I played, then went and got fitted. Callaway was the brand that worked with my swing, and I've used them ever since. I am considering getting fitted again -- I'd like to see if the Adams iron/hybrids would work for me.