Forums

Golf Club Brand Loyalty

•  

Ok, I'm bored...my bracket is destroyed and my tee time isn't until 3pm.

What influenced you to buy your particlular brand of golf clubs?  Was it your favorite golfer?  Is the golf club company a local company?  Was it a review in a golf publication?  Was it because they were on sale?

I bought my irons before I became a member of the FJ forum, so I don't have Titleist clubs.  I love my Ping irons and I bought them because I took a tour of the company in Phoenix - it was cool to see them assembled and that it is done in america.  After joining this forum, I've decided that I really like Titleist too and so any future purchases will either be Ping or Titleist.

What do you use and why?

•  

I play Mizuno (MP-69) as my gamers. My decision was due in large to research, testing and pricing. I also made my purchase prior to knowing about the FJC. Will definitely be diligent in looking at Titleist in the future.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

I bought mine, Titleist, after a demo days introductuon. I tried Callaway, Ping, TaylorMade and Titleist and found Titleist to fit me better. I have the 3 -PW, 52,56,60 degree wedges also by Titleist. Working on looking into Driver, fairway metals and putter in the future. Use Titleist balls, ProV1, ProV1x and NXT Tour exclusively.

Call me a brand loyalist in that category.

FootJoy is the other, Only FJ shoes and have one set rain and winter gloves, 2 pair Weathersoft, 4 pair PTL, 5 pair StaSof and 2 SofJoy. Carry all  the gloves in the bag just in case. Another brand loyalist in these  2 categories.

•  

Always been a Scotty fan and it just carried over to Titleist and FJ.. I still wear other brand clothing/shoes(Puma/TW) because I dont mix clothing and shoes, as it looks crazy.. That said, Im only buying FJ shoes now and dont buy TW or Puma anymore!

I even dumped the yellow Srixon ball for the new NXT/S!

•  

In the past I wasn't a loyalist because my game don't demand that. After triyng several brands I understood that have more warranties with few brands. I'm almost an Acushnet Group loyalist beacuse bag, driver, wedges and balls are Titleist, and putter is SC. I already use gloves and shoes by FJ but after being in this forum a start buying apparel ans accessories. Now just my clubs and hybrids are Cobra, everything else is Acushnet.

•  

Great question, Dallin.  I bought mine from a local store.  I had the choice of TaylorMade, Titleist, Adams, and Cleveland.  After testing and fitting which took a month and a half of visiting the store, I came out with Clevelands.  Am I happy after all that?  No.  To make the long story short, a year after owning the irons, I just knew that something was different.  I pulled the shafts and to my surprise, it had a sensicore shaft-- not what I was told I'd have on.  I knew it!!!  I was not happy.  Anyway, my next set will definitely be a Titleist.  I'm not monkeying around anymore.

•  

I now have Titleist AP@ 712 irons (5-W), Vokey SM4 54-08 and 58-06 wedges, and a 24* 910H.  I looked at and tried other irons, but felt the Titleist felt best.  Plus, I got a very good deal on them through my home course pro shop, which did the fittings.  Had Cobra FPs before, but they were not fitted for me as these are.  Prior to the Cobras, I had a set of custom-made clubs (D, 3W, 4-P), made by a local club maker.  I am now hooked on the Titleists and will probably get a new driver and fairway wood one of these days.  The 910H plays superbly.

•  

I play Mizuno irons, this is my 3rd set in a row, but I have played many different brands over the years. Now I play a set for about 3 years, then get new sticks.  My woods are Taylor Made, but here again I have played TM, Calloway and Titeist over the past 10 years. Wedges are Vokeys,  Been with them ever since Cleveland stopped making the 588.  Now that the 588 is back I will probably stay with the Vokeys.

I need to like the look and the feel.

I have been a FootJoy user for over 40 years. Shoes, gloves, and weather gear.

•  
    Dallin Well I'm loyal to what helps me get the ball in the hole. So I use Titleist wedges (Vokeys) and I use Scotty Cameron putters. I've used Scotty's since almost day one, and I love them. I've tried others, but always go back to SC. My irons are PING i15's. Had them custom built for me, and I really feel comfortable with them. My hybrids are also PING. My woods are all Taylor Made; R11 for the driver and the others are burners. Again, I've tried lots of others, but these feel good to me. Apparel and shoes are another matter, and I am 100% FJ.
  •  

Now that I can get FJ and FJA logo polos, Ill be a FJ only attired guy!

•  

my family use to own a golf store, so i had 'access' to any clubs.  at the time my favorite golfers were Ernie and Freddie.  they were both Lynx players so i gravitated towards Lynx.  i loved my Boom Boom driver and 3 wood, so i naturally moved to Black Cat irons.  it was between them and the Callaway S2H2s.  i really like them and still play them.  however, they badly need replaced as their technology is way behind.  i know i am leaving yardage in the bag by using such old clubs.  but when i change it will probably be Ping or maybe Callaway.  i have had 3 different sets of Ping Eye 2s over the years and just love them so that has me leaning towards i15s.

•  

Quality and reputation are reasons I play what I play...I also try them and make sure I like them as well

•  

eagle3

I bought mine, Titleist, after a demo days introductuon. I tried Callaway, Ping, TaylorMade and Titleist and found Titleist to fit me better. I have the 3 -PW, 52,56,60 degree wedges also by Titleist. Working on looking into Driver, fairway metals and putter in the future. Use Titleist balls, ProV1, ProV1x and NXT Tour exclusively.

Call me a brand loyalist in that category.

FootJoy is the other, Only FJ shoes and have one set rain and winter gloves, 2 pair Weathersoft, 4 pair PTL, 5 pair StaSof and 2 SofJoy. Carry all  the gloves in the bag just in case. Another brand loyalist in these  2 categories.

I'm also a FJ loyalist. Socks, gloves and shoes will be FJ for me from now on.

•  
    thomas alston iii

I play Mizuno (MP-69) as my gamers. My decision was due in large to research, testing and pricing. I also made my purchase prior to knowing about the FJC. Will definitely be diligent in looking at Titleist in the future.

-ICONs for ALL

My mizuno selection is the mizuno MX-20 irons
  •  

Only on my first set of clubs so not sure yet what I would buy next...Tried Mizuno, Adams, Cleveland and Callaway... Loved the Mizunos but wasn't ready for the price. Choose the Callaways based on performance and quality. Bought them and was fitted through the Pro Shop. Price was more competitive then the Golf Retail Stores and received more personalized service. WIll be testing Drivers over the next week or so again through Pro Shop...