Forums

How Often do you change Grips on your clubs???

•  

Getting ready for the new season (went out Saturday for 9 - holes) and just had grips replaced....Oh what a feeling. I usually replace my grips every three to four months to revive the security and connection to the club. How often do you change your grips?

-ICONs for All

•  

honestly, not very often.  considering how often (or not often) i get to play, i should replace them every year or so.  but i'm cheap.  haha.

• 3506 points

Depends on how much I play. I need to do it more often, thats for sure.

My new irons are due in today so I can't wait to play on fresh grips. My old irons which I used Sunday was like gripping a wet bar of soap!

•  

As often as needed. Now that I don't get out as often, 3 times a year.

•  

i have a fresh set of grips and a re-gripping spot in my basement, so i really have no excuses.  except i want new irons, so i don't want to put new grips on irons just to buy new ones.  well, it's been two years and i still haven't bought new irons!  one of these days i'll decide what i'm doing.

•  
    Once a year for me because I put my own grips on so I know that they will hold well
  •  

dzabkar

My new irons are due in today so I can't wait to play on fresh grips. My old irons which I used Sunday was like gripping a wet bar of soap!

Nice!!

New sticks and new grips....Grip it and rip it...

-ICONs for ALL

•  

dzabkar

nothing like the feeling of getting new irons!  enjoy.  

•  

In four years golfing I just replaced once in a club. So I don't do it often.

•  

thomas alston iii

Getting ready for the new season (went out Saturday for 9 - holes) and just had grips replaced....Oh what a feeling. I usually replace my grips every three to four months to revive the security and connection to the club. How often do you change your grips?

-ICONs for All

Not long ago, I used to change anywhere around 8 months to a year interval.  I'm noticing now that I'm going about it annually.  Changing grips is probably one of the easiest and interesting part of club maintenance for me.  I'd like to add that the Golf Pride Tour Wrap has been my favorite as for tackiness and also it also counter balance on the club's swing weight.

•  

I replace them all every April and then, as needed. i wash them every month or so to keep them "tacky".

•  

noeldaof

thomas alston iii

-ICONs for All

Not long ago, I used to change anywhere around 8 months to a year interval.  I'm noticing now that I'm going about it annually.  Changing grips is probably one of the easiest and interesting part of club maintenance for me.  I'd like to add that the Golf Pride Tour Wrap has been my favorite as for tackiness and also it also counter balance on the club's swing weight.

If you get an opportunity (assuming non-brand loyalist) try the Winn Dri-Tac WrapLite.

-Soft

-Ultra Tacky

-Light (Swing weight reduction)

-ICONs for ALL

•  

noeldaof

thomas alston iii

-ICONs for All

i remember when the tour wraps first came out and got popular.  i tried them on a driver for one round and hated it.  i felt like i was going to throw the club once my hands got a little sweaty.  i've since moved to another golf pride grip, but can't think of the name off the top of my head.  been thinking about going to the white 3gen grips from Lamkin.

•  

Every 6 months or so.  GP VDR's.  They get a bath along with the club heads to keep them fresh.

TT

•  

thomas alston iii

If you get an opportunity (assuming non-brand loyalist) try the Winn Dri-Tac WrapLite.

-Soft

-Ultra Tacky

-Light (Swing weight reduction)

-ICONs for ALL

I will have to try that.  I have a set of WinnLite that I've been putting off. . . want to try that first.