Forums

Does This Make You Sick Too?

• 466 points

I'm a member of the armed forces (U.S. Army) and I'm deployed to Korea for a year, away from my wife and kids. The only thing that keeps me going over here is that I have a golf course right down the street from where I'm staying. So, with that said, my 2 year wedding anniversary rolled around and my wife knew the perfect gift to get me............a custom made pair of foot joy dryjoy tours. Amazing wife none the less. She orders them and recieves them in the mail shortly after the order and throws them into another box of other odds and ends that she wanted to send me. Takes it to the post office. Sends it priority. Should be in country and on my feet within 7 to 9 days. I check my mailbox everyday waiting for a "suprise" package. (I still don't know what the present is, so she's crazy excited for me to get this package and see my face over skype when I open it.) Well, 2 weeks goes by and nothing. My wife calls me everyday to check to see if it's there and to reassure me that it'll get there. She finally calls the post office to ask why it hasn't moved out of customs (in California). They reply, "if it's been stuck here for that long and hasn't made it to it's destination, then it's been stolen." I couldn't believe it. How horrible is that. And, it turns out this kind of thing happens all the time. How discusting are some people? So, now we have to re-order the shoes, the suprise is ruined, and now I have to go though a ton of paperwork to try to get reimbursed for the loss. Just thought I'd share my frustration with my fellow fans of FJ.

•  

First of all I want to thank you for your service to me & all of America. Thank you Sir for protecting all of us!!!

Second of all that really SUCKS! Your loving wife went through all of that trouble to have some low life rip you off.Hopefully you will get everything straighten out & although the surprise has been ruined you will at least to get to enjoy your shoes.

Thanks again My Friend!!!

•  

that really sucks.  hopefully everything will work out!

•  

Wow, sorry to hear this. The USPS seems to be neglecting their customers lately.

Two Experiences: My mom said that she sent a package Express Mail, but she did not receive the return receipt until a few weeks after it was supposed to be delivered. Also, I ordered a package, and it was supposed to be drop-shipped to the USPS, but when I checked the tracking page, the USPS said that the left a notice (when the package did not even need to be signed for and there was no notice left either way.) I went to the website and selected to pick it up at the Post Office (since I had no clue why it was not just delivered in the first place), and they ended up delivering it to my house the next day after I had confirmed that I would pick it up at the Post Office... Very weird.

Hope she can get everything sorted and you can get your shoes! I'd tell her to use UPS or FedEx next time, as I think those may be better options for her (FJ uses FedEx itself).

By the way, thank you for your service! :-)

•  

Sorry to hear about that. Nothing worse than having your stuff stolen.  One time in college I put all my levi's in the washing machine and ran to get a pizza.  I came back 15 minutes later and they were gone. Someone stole my wet jeans in a matter of minutes.  It really makes you angry when you work hard for something and then some lazy ... decides to take it away from you.

BTW, thanks for serving in the armed forces!

•  

FIRST--THANK YOU FOR SERVING.

SECOND-PRIORITY IS COVERED AND YOUR WIVE SHOULD BE ABLE TO FILL OUT THE PAPERWORK AT THE PO AND IT SHOULD BE COVERED. A COUPLE OF WEEKS.

SORRY FOR YOUR PROBLEMS.

THANKS AGAIN.

•  

Thanks for your service to our country!

Congratulations on the Anniversary!

Thanks for being part of FJC!

•  

Sorry to hear of your mishap. Hopefully the situation will be resolved quickly. Although the cat is out of the bag on the anniversary shoes. I am sure you will still be thrilled when the replacements arrive.  A course just down the road from where you are based just confirms Golf is a universal passsion!

Last be surely not least....Thank you for being an American Soldier and what it represents !!!  We are honored you are a part of the FJ Community !

The Soldier's Creed

I am an American Soldier.
    I am a Warrior and a member of a team.
    I serve the people of the United States and live the Army Values.

I will always place the mission first.
    I will never accept defeat.
    I will never quit.
    I will never leave a fallen comrade.

I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.
    I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
    I am an expert and I am a professional.
    I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
    I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
    I am an American Soldier.

•  

that isnt good for you..... but i would like to thank you for you service tho the greatest country in the world and i think that is the best present to anyone

•  

Sorry to hear of your problem with our post office.  When I was on active duty and serving overseas we had lost packages all the time.  Never lost anything as a pair of FootJoys.  Fair winds and following seas from an old Marine.

•  

Sorry to hear about that.

• 3506 points

Thank you for serving our great nation.
    Secondly, it is sad that there are people out there with sticky fingers that think rules don't apply to them...

Hell of a gift idea from the wife, i hope the replacement pair arrives in proper fashion and they are the best pair of golf shoes you'll ever wear.

Thank you agian for everything.

•  

That's just not right! so sorry to hear.

• 3627 points

Bummer...thanks for your service.

•  

That really sucks!!!! Why would someone be so low as to steal from a serviceman???

Thanks for everything you do to protect us....be safe and I hope you can come home soon