Forums

on course nutrition.

•  

what do you guys eat and drink while playing (if anything)?  do you get something from the beer girl?  or do you bring it with you?  i have a bag (like a small backpack) that i keep with my golf stuff that i keep my extra towels i use to dry things off or wipe my hands.  i also throw some granola bars and crackers and water bottles in there.  nothing worse than getting far away from the clubhouse and need something to eat.

•  

I usually have granola bars and Powerade in my Golf Bag. I have to have something after every 4 holes or I lose concentration and focus.

• 3506 points

H20, Gatorade, usually a granola bar. Depends if I'm just goofing around with friends of if I am out there to play for real. Sometimes, nothing beats a cold beer on the back 9 in the middle of the summer. Never overboard though, not too smart to do that.

•  

BANANA,PEANUT BUTTER CHEESE CRACKERS AND CRYSTAL LIGHT IN MY WATER.

•  

I always bring with me water (a lot), granola bars, a cheese or ham sandwich and crakers.

•  

My wife gave me some LARABARs.  It's very good.  Tap water.  Also, our local market has the bulk dried fruits.  We like to mix cranberries, blue berries, almonds, and banana chips.  . . . New from Costco: Koh Coco Nut water. high in potassium.

• 445 points

My group tends to tee off about 9:30 to 10:00 am and that means we are still on the course at what would normally be lunch time.  I normally carry water and granola bars, but that doesn't seem to be enough.  Often I'm "out of gas" on the last two or three holes.  I think I'm going to start packing a sandwich to see if that helps.   

•  
    Barley and Hops..... Just kidding. I take nature valley granola bar and gatorade.
  •  

tdogg21

what do you guys eat and drink while playing (if anything)?  do you get something from the beer girl?  or do you bring it with you?  i have a bag (like a small backpack) that i keep with my golf stuff that i keep my extra towels i use to dry things off or wipe my hands.  i also throw some granola bars and crackers and water bottles in there.  nothing worse than getting far away from the clubhouse and need something to eat.

Recently I've starting bringing beef jerky in my golf bag. I've always kept peanut butter crackers and 2 water bottles.  When the cart girl comes, I like to treat myself to a diet coke.

•  

Gatorade, granola bars ( peanut butter type) one banana, and trail mix

•  

Will Par

My group tends to tee off about 9:30 to 10:00 am and that means we are still on the course at what would normally be lunch time.  I normally carry water and granola bars, but that doesn't seem to be enough.  Often I'm "out of gas" on the last two or three holes.  I think I'm going to start packing a sandwich to see if that helps.   

I found a sandwich to messy and takes to much time to eat. I am adding trail mix and a piece of fruit to supplement the granola bars and Powerade during rounds.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

Homemade trail mix, peanut butter & jelly sandwich, fruit, water & gatorade.

•  

Beef Jerky, dried fruits or banana and Amino vital or Nuun in water bottle!

•  

DOGLOSKI

BANANA,PEANUT BUTTER CHEESE CRACKERS AND CRYSTAL LIGHT IN MY WATER.

Dog, I think you must be looking at my bag, exactly what I carry.

• 1232 points

Depends what i am playing in those cliff and larabars are good. And as always water is the easiest