Forums

If you could play anywhere for a weekend, where would it be?

•  

Being a SoCal guy, Id love to get on to Cypress, Pebble and Spanish..

But for pure golf, it would be Bandon Dunes Resort, I LOVE that place and yes, gorse draws blood(I thought it was soft n furry)!

•  

pulplvr

For my money--or yours if you're paying--there is only one answer:  St Andrews.  Plenty of courses.  Wonderful locale.  Lots of golf history.  And I mean history.

And True Scotch Whiskey...

Once you play the East side of the Isle, you have to play the West as well!!!

- ICONs for All

•  

TNT009

But for pure golf, it would be Bandon Dunes Resort, I LOVE that place and yes, gorse draws blood(I thought it was soft n furry)!

Come on Todd, you dress far to well to hit it into the gorse!

•  

Tell that to the wind(LOL), my ball was perched up and as I went to grab it the caddie yelledfor me not to grab it.. Well, I was too slow and as the saying goes "A hard head- makes for a sore butt"

Devin_Gmitter

TNT009

•  

Devin_Gmitter

TNT009

But now that explains why you have to have these...

Protected and Stylin' (Thanks for the advice...Hit it in the short grass.) - HAHA

- ICONs for all

• 1033 points

Id like play augusta of course. Right around april 8th!

•  

I would play Augusta - no questions about gorse there, just magnolia's...

•  

just remember, this is a weekend only trip with a one round max on a course.  this really makes me think.

•  

if given the chance, it would be hard to pass up Augusta, even in this 'situation'.  but i would have to seriously consider Pebble, Cypress, spyglass area.  and also St. Andrews.  plenty of course and a lot of history there.  at Pebble and St. Andrews, you would get more golf, but at Augusta, you'd get, well, Augusta.  If I ever played Augusta, i'd probably take 8 hours to play because i wouldn't want the round to end!

•  

AUGUSTA. PERIOD.

•  

DOGLOSKI

AUGUSTA. PERIOD.

Well, duh! You've played everywhere else.

•  
    TheJustjosH

I'd have to go back to Birmingham (even though I can't stand the state of Alabama) and go play Ross Bridge (Robert Trent Jones) and Highlands in downtown.

Josh what is wrong with Alabama? That is a pretty big announcement to indict an entire state
    • 856 points

Pebble Beach for me. H
  •  

So many great places to choose but for a weekend - I would head to Wisconsin for a 'Kohler' Golf Experience ! There's the Blackwolf Run - River Course, ranked #15 in GD's 100 Greatest Public Courses for 2011-12 and then there's Whistling Straits - Straits Course, ranked #3 in GD's 100 GPC for 011-012... Fabulous accommodations and spa....Definitetly need those after a round of golf !

•  

girlsgotgolf

So many great places to choose but for a weekend - I would head to Wisconsin for a 'Kohler' Golf Experience ! There's the Blackwolf Run - River Course, ranked #15 in GD's 100 Greatest Public Courses for 2011-12 and then there's Whistling Straits - Straits Course, ranked #3 in GD's 100 GPC for 011-012... Fabulous accommodations and spa....Definitetly need those after a round of golf !

that's interesting.  i would have never thought about Wisconsin, but those are two top courses to be able to hit in a weekend.

i wonder what location could give you the highest ranked courses playable in a weekend??