Forums

If you could play anywhere for a weekend, where would it be?

•  

OK, so pretend you can go anywhere and play any course you want for a weekend, but you only can play a course once and all of the courses have to be relatively close (in other words, they would be close enough to logically be on a weekend trip).  Where would you go?  Would you chose somewhere with only one good course?  Or would you try to go somewhere with a few courses all together?

• 3506 points

The Country Club in Brookline, MA for me. I would stand out there trying to reinact Leonards bomb on 17 (?) until I sunk one.

Being in New England now, that would be, by far, my #1.

•  

if i could play any where i would play at st. andrews or i would go to agustia national and play there and the final place i would go to would be Waialae Golf Course and play the courses around there

•  

I would go back to the Chicago area to play Medinah and Cog Hill again.  Plenty of other courses in the area.

•  

I would like to play St. Andrews (Scotland).

•  

Pinehurst would be a perfect weekend.  The problem would be which courses to play.  Let's see #2,#4,#5,#8, Pine Needles, Country Club of NC (Dogwood), Pinewild (Magnolia), Forest Creek (North and South), MidPines, etc,etc,. Well you get the idea. Yeah I have played them all, plus a bunch more.

•  

That's a tough question.

Bandon Dunes.

Pebble Beach.

St. Andrews.

Royal Melbourne.

The list goes on and on. I'd probably have to put a pile of names in a box and pick one out blindfolded.

• 466 points

I'd have to go back to Birmingham (even though I can't stand the state of Alabama) and go play Ross Bridge (Robert Trent Jones) and Highlands in downtown.

•  

OUTIGER

I would go back to the Chicago area to play Medinah and Cog Hill again.  Plenty of other courses in the area.

Amen Brother!!!

I would also throw in the treacherous Harborside.

Teeing it up at Dubs (Cog Hill) in mid - April.

- ICONs for ALL

•  

I would want to play that new track they built some ten courses on in 14 months on this island (Hainan Island) in China. They played one of the end of season events there (Omega Mission Hills World Cup). Ten courses - 2 1/2 days, I may get half of them.

- ICONs for ALL

•  

I would go to Hawaii and play any of the courses there, especially since I am tired of the weather being how it is here in Jersey.

•  

For my money--or yours if you're paying--there is only one answer:  St Andrews.  Plenty of courses.  Wonderful locale.  Lots of golf history.  And I mean history.

•  

Great question! That's a no-brainer for me.  I've always wanted to play Pebble Beach.

• 2661 points

St Andrews would be my  number one. I have played most of my warm weather favs. 

•  

TheJustjosH

I'd have to go back to Birmingham (even though I can't stand the state of Alabama) and go play Ross Bridge (Robert Trent Jones) and Highlands in downtown.

Ross Bridge is the best...The Marriott has hosted the Champions tour for years.

- ICONs for All