Forums

Reviewing the new Apparel line

•  

Justinu3

So I'm quite surprised that the new apparel is not on the website like the other gear.  There is no way to write a product review on these pieces.  I know there is lots of hype and reviews from the publishers but consumers today are more and more wanting to here from their peers.

Devin and Chris, please bring it up to the Apparel folks.  It could only help sales I would think.  Competitors already know FJ is a force to be reckoned with due to the PGA show releases.

It is a tremendous value to have the consumer provide personal reviews of products and many of us purcahse alot of FJ product for its quality, function and fit.  More FJ endorsement...(talking to the choir)-HAHA

-ICONs for ALL 

•  

thomas alston iii

Justinu3

So I'm quite surprised that the new apparel is not on the website like the other gear.  There is no way to write a product review on these pieces.  I know there is lots of hype and reviews from the publishers but consumers today are more and more wanting to here from their peers.

Devin and Chris, please bring it up to the Apparel folks.  It could only help sales I would think.  Competitors already know FJ is a force to be reckoned with due to the PGA show releases.

It is a tremendous value to have the consumer provide personal reviews of products and many of us purcahse alot of FJ product for its quality, function and fit.  More FJ endorsement...(talking to the choir)-HAHA

-ICONs for ALL 

i agree.  reviews play a big role in my buying habits.  if something has great reviews i'm more likely to give it a shot.  and if something has bad reviews, i'm more likely to skip it.  i think it's much better than 'flying blind' when buying products.

•  

Justinu3

Justin, not sure you're original question was answered, so let me jump in here. We are hoping to add all of the color story items to the site at some point. Probably not in the FootJoy.com catalog pages, but certainly on our new landing page (footjoy.com/apparel).

The challenge is inventory. You could add a shirt to the site this morning and learn it's already sold out this afternoon when reports are generated. It's just a lot of manual labor to maintain the inventory on the site so consumers like yourself don't see something and go to order it only to find out it's sold out. Our first experience with this was the argyle performance sweaters. The actual inventory was sold out (ie, "spoken for") before we even officially launched it online! Great problem to have but presents some challenges for the marketers. Devin and I would both like to see all of the pieces, or at least swatches of all the pieces, on the apparel site at some point. We just need to work through some logistics internally.

I hope this helps.

Chris

•  

Chris,

Thanks for the reply.  Love the new avatar by the way!! (Napa is my fav and I was lucky enough to get my hands on a sweater too!).

Totally understand and after talking to the pro who talked to the FJ rep it makes sense.  So much of the new collection is selling fast so what is the customer experience if you put product online that we cannot order.  I agree with FJ on this. 

Great problem to have but hopefully quantities are bumped up moving forward so we can all enough the new apparel.  :-)  

I'd love to be the product person who put the conservative forecast out there only to blow it out of the water... Those are fun projects to have your name attached to!

•  
    Wow! Chris Garrett and a new photo. Outstanding my friend..... And thanks for the great explanation of the issues relating to product availability....
  •  

Now if Randy would change those ugly blue shorts out of his picture.  hahahahaha

• 2671 points

Thanks for the explanation Chris. Look forward to seeing all of the new apparel.

• 942 points

I really like the blue vest, and the light colored shorts. The waist band "needs" to be expandable especially for us full bodied golfers. The striped shirts are a big no from us larger guys.. we don't need anything that adds to our size.. you smaller guys would not have a problem.

Logos on the sleeves. Matched with colors of the shirt would be nice.

•  

That's right, baby. Got to make sure Devin invites me to the FJ Invitational so stepping up my game on here. 

Randy, I owe you an email/conversation. Sorry for the delay. Congrats and hope all is well in CA! 

•  
    Chris Garrett

That's right, baby. Got to make sure Devin invites me to the FJ Invitational so stepping up my game on here. 

Randy, I owe you an email/conversation. Sorry for the delay. Congrats and hope all is well in CA! 

So you saying there is a 2nd FJAI coming :-)
  •  
    OUTIGER

Now if Randy would change those ugly blue shorts out of his picture.  hahahahaha

Hi Tim.... Those shorts are now owned by Mr Mondalek. He was just dying to have them. I just bought the FJ light blue shorts... So that's the next photo. Oh yeah.... Bite me.
  •  
    OUTIGER

Easy Tim. I got the FJ ones like that too
  •  

Justinu3
    Chris Garrett

So you saying there is a 2nd FJAI coming :-)

We hope so. 

•  

I'd like to tee it up at the FJA. Got room for one more...if I get to Ambassador status by then that is.

•  
    Nice! Don't go and announce anything the 14-20th! I will be in Jamaica with no Internet!! :-)