Forums

Which Disney Course?

• 815 points

I will be in Orlando next week and would really like to play one of the Disney Courses, which one would you recommend? Thanks, Ken

•  

You cannot go wrong with Palm or Magnolia.  They play the PGA Tour stop (Children's Miracle Network Classic).  I have played both and they are both challenging.  Magnolia is a bit longer.  They also had the Big Break there.

• 815 points

ToddL

You cannot go wrong with Palm or Magnolia.  They play the PGA Tour stop (Children's Miracle Network Classic).  I have played both and they are both challenging.  Magnolia is a bit longer.  They also had the Big Break there.

Thanks Todd,

I'll see if we can get a tee time setup, both sound good to me.

Ken  

•  

Magnolia!  Are you coming fown for the PGA Show?

• 815 points

Yes Sir, I'll be in Tuesday Afternoon, and I head out Sunday morning.

•  

I booked Osprey Ridge for April.  Gorgeouse Fazio course.   Great challenge.  The first time I played there I was paying in the Pro Shop, and Tiger and his Dad were behind us.  He was about 14 at the time. I didn't notice him but  my friend recognized him.  We talked for a minute.  Wished him luck in his career.  Who knew?

Deno

•  

Magnolia. Or try Falcon's Fire out in Kissimmee. I really liked it. Played Championsgate last year -- International Course too open and linksy for me, but enjoyed the National side.

•  

My wife redesigned the Clubhouse at Falcons Fire, and Celebration, also did the Teaching facility at Celebration, working with them again on one of their new aquasisions... Putting a Stake House in one of the clubhouses... Really cool.

Falcons Fire is a good course but also one of Florida's busiest.

•  

Kalo

I have played most of the courses talked about here, and none of the choices is a bad one. Couple things to consider:

At Disney, Palm and Magnolia are the "tour" courses, so you can't go wrong. My opinion, Magnolia is best of those two. Golf Chick's mention of Falcon's Fire is also a good one, and it's a lovely track just across from the Marriott complex.

Another I would add to your choices is the "New" Course at the Hyatt Grand. It's a Nicklaus replica of the "Old" Course. Really great track and always highly regarded.

The only issue with Champions Gate is that you do have to drive a bit to get there. Lovely course, but if you're pressed for time, the other courses we mentioned are closer in.

Have fun and play well.

• 815 points

OK, I just got the word, playing Palm Thursday afternoon, Osprey Friday Morning, and Wyndemere CC on Saturday, don't know about Wednesday afternoon following Demo Day at the Show yet, but it sounds like they have picked some good courses for us, I'll push for Magnolia for Wednesday. Thanks for all the advice and insite.

Ken

•  

At Disney, play the Magnolia. I have never really been a fan of the Palm. Osprey Ridge is also a good choice.

•  

Kalo

Good choices all... And Osprey (I couldn't remember that name!) is a really fun track, which was one of my favorites down there. I forgot about it, which is my bad.

Have fun and enjoy the time on course....

• 1790 points

golfchick

Magnolia. Or try Falcon's Fire out in Kissimmee. I really liked it. Played Championsgate last year -- International Course too open and linksy for me, but enjoyed the National side.

I'd recommend falcons fire as well.