Forums

2010 Tradition Cup

• 849 points

I saw on Twitter that today is the 12th Annual Tradition Cup (Footjoy vs. Titleist)

We want to know the details after you finish up.

Where was it?

What layering system did everyone wear in the 40* weather here in Southern New England?

Who won?

• 849 points

This got buried but am still interested!!

•  

Wow, a report looms and hoprfully Team FJ will retain the Cup from last year.

I'll also be looking to see what natty attire our Team FJ folks will break out, since last year's IJP ensembles brought the house down and subsequently sent me on a buying binge of IJP gear (much to Mrs. Tar Heel's chagrin).

I am not sure if Chris will be writing a blog about it this year, but Team FJ did not fair so well and have surrendered the cup for now...That being said, we were way better dressed!

•  

Can wait to see the pictures from the event.

•  

Will have to search this one out today for sure.    Don't remember seeing this event last year.   Then again, I wasn't on the FJ site where it all happens!!  Thanks for the reminder posts.

Deno

•  

HAHA Mrs. Tar Heel.

•  

It's true, team FJ got destroyed. We started off on the right track and were, in fact, tied at 2.5 points after the morning alternate shot matches. My partner, Paul O'Reilly from our National Accounts group, and I were strong and developed a nice rhythm right from the first tee ball. He striped one down the center of the first fairway, I hit my approach to 8 feet and he buried the birdie.  We ended up closing out our opponents 4&3 on the opening nine and felt good going into the afternoon singles. The featured group of the morning included some strong talent...Chris Kerr and Whitney Trimble from Team FJ and Chad Crocker and Bubba Kroeger from Titleist. This match came down to the 9th hole where Titleist held a 1-up advantage. But thanks to some clutch short game work, FJ was able to escape with a half point.

Unfortunately, none of the momentum from the morning carried over into the afternoon. For me, I was never able to figure out the greens at Allendale Country Club. Tee shots and irons were decent but everything around the green was off. Apparently the two month layoff robbed me of all feel and short game ability! Fortunately my teammate Paul was able to come back and earn us a full point in the team match as well as a half point in his singles match. Still, it wasn't pretty for team FJ as we fell 12-6 in the 12th annual tournament. Congrats to team Titleist for a strong showing. At the end of the day, we're all still friends and look forward to a rematch next year.

The scoreboard for the event now reads Titleist 7, FJ 5. Look for FJ's newest hire, 2001 NCAA Div. 1 National Champion Nick Gilliam (FJ Dir. of Amateur Tour Promotion) to play a prominent role in next year's competition...

•  

Every day has its own headaches. Looks ike they came about in the noon portion of the tourney for Team FJ. But there is always another day and another year. Best of luck for the next one and I know Team FJ played with dignity and tried their best to win.

I'll bet that the FJ Team was the better dressed.

•  

Next year can the FJA's step up and play for Team FJ? 

At least "TEAM ACUSHNET" won LOL =)

•  

Chris - any pics that you can share from the event?

•  

2 months off would kill anyones touch around the greens Chris!

•  

ARGH! All of the Ambassador's mourn the defeat to Team Titleist... As loyal Chicago Cubs fans say, "Wait till next year."

•  

THERE ARE NO LOSERS IN THAT MATCH.

THEY ARE ALL PART OF TEAM ACUSHNET--REAL WINNERS-ALL.

memphisunited

Chris - any pics that you can share from the event?

Team FJ - The better dressed of course

Team Titleist

Group 1

Group 2

Group 3

Group 4

Anchor Match

Team Titleist proudly displaying the # of years that they will be holding the cup....