Forums

What's in YOUR bag...other than clubs

• 704 points

In my bag I will have tape, cigars, flask, a couple tins, and some extra gloves.  Basically everything I don't want the old lady to know about haha

• 4617 points

BRUCE
    iIn all seriousness, I do not carry a pistol in my golf bag.  But interestingly enough a few years ago I read an article somewhere about golfers being robbed in broad daylight on some Florida golf courses.  The article told about these robbers hiding in groves and bushes, then dashing out to the golfers, holding them up at gunpoint, and then escaping in nearby parked cars

Before renovation in the early 1980s, the New York City public golf courses in the northeastern Bronx, Pelham Split Rock Golf Club were notoriously barren spots where organized crime guys would dispose of bodies and it wasn't unusual to find discard car wrecks on a fairway or two! And enterprising local golf ball hawkers would find perfectly good balls lying in the fairways 250 yards away from the tee grounds. Darting out from the trees, they would snare product  and sell it back to you a couple of holes later...And woe to those who declined to buy!!

Those were the days...

•  

Depending on the season, it changes. The basics are gloves, balls, tees, markers, divot tool and laser rangefinder. For hot days, extra gloves and Grrripp Plus (to reduce sweat on my hands). In colder months - cart mitts, extra base layer, extra socks, rain suit and SCOTCH!

•  

BRUCE
    iIn all seriousness, I do not carry a pistol in my golf bag.  But interestingly enough a few years ago I read an article somewhere about golfers being robbed in broad daylight on some Florida golf courses.  The article told about these robbers hiding in groves and bushes, then dashing out to the golfers, holding them up at gunpoint, and then escaping in nearby parked cars

I've personally been in that situation, several years ago and was glad I had my gun. It gave me the opportunity to witness a would be robber run an 8 second, 100 yard dash.

•  

Just added a Leupold rangefinder to mine!  :-)

Always have balls, tees, Scotty pivot tool, towel x2 (one wet and one dry), usually some power bar/granola bars and gatorade/water and Acuchnet groove brush from the company store :-)

•  

In addition to many of things already mentioned, I like to carry Titleist Putting Discs for practice greens.  These are also great for practice rounds when one needs to get a target on a side of the green to put towards a few times.  

• 2377 points

I generally walk and carry soI keep the contents light.  Balls maybe 6-9, tees - plastic ones which seem to last so less needed in bag and other standards like ball markers, divot tool,a sharpie, gloves, aspirin and bandaids.  Different items would be rubber sink disposal washer (works as a practice hole for putting), Aimpoint chart, and a sky caddie GPS.  I add clothing or rain gear in anticipation of the days weather forecast.