Forums

BUNKER SHOTS

•  

JUST CURIOUS AS TO WHERE YOU FOCUS YOUR EYES ON A BUNKER SHOT AROUND THE GREEN.

FOR INSTANCE......DO YOU LOOK AT THE CENTER OF THE BALL, THE BACK EDGE OF THE BALL, 1" BEHIND THE BALL....................................ETC.

•  

I look at where I want to make contact. So for bunker shots a bit behind the ball, greenside shot I look at the center of the ball as this seems to promote a descending blow on the ball for me.

•  

When I actually hit it right is when I look 1"behind the ball.  Any further up...

•  

YOU WONT BELIEVE THIS BUT I DONT LOOK AT THE BAA JUST BEFORE TAKE-AWAY.

I SET THE CLUB ACCORDING TO LIE IN THE TRAP WITH THE CLUB FACE OPEN ABOUT 15-30 DEHREES DEPENDING ON LENGTH OF SHOT.

SOMETIMES HOVERING ABOVE THE BALL FOR LONG SHOTS OR 1-1 1/2" BEHIND THE BALL FOR SHORT SHOTS.

I THEN LOOK AT THE SPOT THE CLUB WAS IN,,,NOT THE BALL.

THE WAY I LEARNED--STRANGE EH??

•  

I focus on the spot in the sand where I want the club to make contact.

•  

try to find a dot of sand maybe a different color, about an inch behind and only look at that. Doesn't always work but I try

•  

Couple inches behind the ball.  Just trying to see when I want my club to hit the sand.

•  

I look at the spot where I want to contact the sand with my club.

•  

Behind the ball at the point I want the club to impact. I really try to keep my focus away from the ball, since how the sand is impacted is what determines how the shot occurs.

If you watched the tour event yesterday, DLIII flubbed a bunker shot by hitting TOO far behind the ball, and it just stayed in the bunker.  

•  

I look at the imaginary one dollar bill that is centered under the ball that shows how much sand I should be sending out

•  

i try to focus a couple of inches or so behind the ball, seems to work well if I can really get a different color speck of sand or pebble.

•  

I just close my eyes and pray it comes out.... =)

I look where I want the club to go.

•  

good question bruce. i hear this one a lot.

this is really, in my opinion, something you have to experiment with.

some people tend to look at the rear portion of the ball and some like to look a few inches behind it. there are probably a bunch of people who look somewhere in between. you need to practice and do what works for you.

•  

i have no idea how i get out...sometimes i do and sometimes i don't....

really...i try to focus on a spot behind the ball maybe 1/2 or 1 inch and aim to hit at that spot...alot does depend on type of sand as well...

•  

I try not to hit it in bunkers.  Or play courses with no bunkers.   lol

I focus on the spot I want to hit with the club.