Forums

MENTORING AND HELPING OUT OTHER GOLFERS

•  

ONE OF THE THINGS I DO THAT GIVES ME GREAT PLEASURE IS MENTORING AND HELPING OTHER GOLFERS OUT.  ONE OF MY PASTORS IS MY BEST GOLF BUDDY AND HE HAS AN INTERNATIONAL MINISTRY.  HE IS AN AVID GOLFER AND WHEN WE STARTED PLAYING GOLF TOGETHER A FEW YEARS AGO, I TOOK HIM UNDER MY WING,  I TOTALLY REBUILT HIS SWING AND GRIP AND ALSO DETERMINED HIS CLUBS WERE NOT HELPING HIM ANY.  OVER THE PAST 2 YEARS I HAVE OUTFITTED HIM WITH NEWER GOOD USED CLUBS AND A NEW BAG.  I HAD THE CLUBS ALTERED  TO HIS SPECS.  WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE IN HIS PLAY. 

I AM ALSO DOING THE SAME WITH A COLLEGE STUDENT WHO IS JUST LEARNING THE GAME.

IT HAS BEEN SO MUCH FUN TO SEE THESE GUYS PROGRESS AND WHEN THEY SAW THE EQUIPMENT I GOT THEM IT WAS SHEER JOY.

I SOLD THEIR OLD STUFF ON EBAY AND GOT GOOD USED CLUBS AND BAGS FOR THEM.

MY POINT IS NOT TO PAT MYSELF ON THE BACK BUT TO LET EVERYONE KNOW WHAT A JOY IT IS TO HELP AND MENTOR SOMEONE ELSE IN THIS GREATEST OF ALL GAMES

IF YOU EVER GET A CHANCE TO IMPACT SOMEONE,  GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•  

Bruce... I do more mentoring in life than I do on the course. I certainly help out and point folks in the right direction with regards to golf, but I usually have folks go to their local PGA professional in areas relating to their games. Don't get me wrong, if someone asks me for an opinion or to look at something when I'm on the range, I'll offer up some observations. But I'm not a pro, so I defer in that way.

As for life and business, I have mentored several folks and as you say, have found it be very fulfilling and rewarding. There is not a greater feeling than helping someone out with a positive word and some helpful encouragement, especially in today's world.  

•  

You know, it's nice to hear things like that from time to time.  Golf is hard enough as it is, so for anyone to be willing to help is great.

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!

•  

will do bruce, it is nice to help out your fellow man, that is a good lesson to teach

•  

Great job Bruce...it definitely does make you feel good when you can help others acheive success.

I can relate in the world of hockey where I've helped young referees develop and move on to higher levels of hockey.

•  

Bruce is becoming the sage of the FJ world. Very well stated.

I too spend quite a bit of time coaching and mentoring. I have had great influences in my life and would like to know at some point that I have been a good influence on someone else.

•  

jlawton1

Bruce is begoming the sage of the FJ world. Very well stated.

I too spend quite a bit of time coaching and mentoring. I have had great influences in my life and would like to know at some point that I have been a good influence on someone else.

THANKS  FOR THE NICE WORDS BUT I THINK I DECLARED TAR HEEL WAS THE WISE OLD SAGE YESTERDAY.  IN NO WAY WOULD I USURP HIS THRONE.  HE IS THE MASTER OF WISE (MEANING INTELLIGENT) COMMENTS.  I WOULD HOWEVER ACCEPT THE POSITION OF VICE SAGE OR FIRST RUNNER UP SAGE.  IT SHOULD COME TO A VOTE THOUGH BECAUSE MY FEELINGS ABOUT TIGER MAY DISQUALIFY ME.

•  

I don't generally help mentor kids with golf but I do support St. Judes, so the joy is there as well.

•  

AS MENTIONED BEFORE THE AMBASSADORS WOULD BE A GREAT GROUP TO MENTOR THOSE THAT WANT TO PLAY THE GAME.

•  

ANOTHER GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!