Forums

GOOD TASTING ENERGY BAR????????????????

•  

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE A RECOMMENDATION FOR A PROTEIN OR ENERGY BAR THAT TASTES GOOD?

I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL AND HAVE YET TO FIND ONE THAT DOES NOT GAG ME.  THE ONES I HAVE HAD WITH CHOCOLATE ........... THE CHOCOLATE IS DISGUSTING.  OTHERS ARE JUST BLAND, DISGUSTING, STALE TASTING OR JUST PLAIN AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO......................IF YOU HAVE A RECOMMENDATION FOR ONE THAT HAS A GOOD TEXTURE AND GOOD TASTE,  PLEASE PASS THE SUGGESTION ALONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•  

Personally, I like the chocolate or the peanut butter Powerbar brand.

•  

At the high end of the energy bar range is the Cliff Bar. They are all made from 100% natural ingredients and made for people who are very much tri-atheletes and extreme sports types.

But the do have a range of food types and they do indeed fill you up and give you added energy. And they don't taste too bad either....

A bit of advice. Consult your nutritionist on this topic. Mine told me to focus on things like Fibre One bars because they have lots of good fibre in them. That was something she wanted in my diet. But based on what specific nutritional elements you need, it's advisable you get the type of bar that suits you.

•  

Kashi GoLean

http://www.kashi.com/products/golean_crunchy_bars_chocolate_pretzel

•  

BRUCE I'M A DIABETIC SO I CAN'T EAT HIGH SUGAR BARS BUT IN THE LO SUGAR RANGE;

SOUTH BEACH LIVING  HAS SEVERAL TASTY ONES, CRANBERRY,CINNABON AND PEANUT BUTTER ARE ALL GOOD.

NATURE VALLEY HAS SEVERAL IN IT'S ROASTED NUT CRUNCH LINE.

THERE ARE SOOO,,MANY YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND ONE THAT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE DIRT.

•  

I like Clif Bars. The chocolate mint bar is great tasting.

•  

In the NY area we have a 1st Tee & a 10th Tee bar. It's probably a gimmick, but as the names apply, the 1st T bar is for before your round and the 10th T bar is supposed to replenish your energy at the turn. To me it doesn't matter what they imply, they taste good.

•  

The Cliff bars are pretty good. So are the 1st tee, pretty tasty IMO.

•  

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I have gotten hooked on Quaker Oats bars. They are a 90 calorie bar and come in a number of different blends of fruit, whole grains, etc. Plus, they are reasonable in  price and carry well in the bag. Even in the warmer weather they hold up well and they supply enough energy for me and several other guys that I golf with that also use them.

•  

Kashi has a couple of pretty good tasting options - and the bars are lower toward the sugar end if that's a problem.

GO HOKIES

•  

Powerbars.

The have a huge assortment to satisfy just about anyone's tastebuds.  Plus they don't have that nasty powder after taste that many bars have.

I guess it is going to come down to your trying different ones to see which you prefer.

•  

grumpy830

In the NY area we have a 1st Tee & a 10th Tee bar. It's probably a gimmick, but as the names apply, the 1st T bar is for before your round and the 10th T bar is supposed to replenish your energy at the turn. To me it doesn't matter what they imply, they taste good.

+1 on these ones grumpy. Have tried both and they are great.

• 1232 points

i dont know if they even still make them anymore but i remember vectors use to have energy bars and they were just awsome specially the fruit ones  havent had one forever and now i really want one

• 1320 points

Powerbars tear my fillings out of my teeth.

Cliff Bars Frosted Oatmeal Raisin is awesome

Especially when you wash it down with some Amino Vital

(mmm, citrusy goodness...)

•  

shansky I JUST STARTED LAUDGING OUT LOUD---

"CLIFF BAR FROSTED OATMEAL RAISIN-- AMINO VITAL"

SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING WE SHOULD BE VACINATED FOR

LOL--YUMMY