Forums

FootJoy at the OLYMPICS!

Apolo Ohno was wearing what appeared to be a FootJoy F3 glove on his non-dominant (right) skating hand tonight. FJ just got about 10-15 seconds of prime-time TV exposure as he was watching the replay of the 1500 final on the track.  As he watched the fall he broguht his hand to his face in amazement...did anybody else see this??

•  

DARN, I MISSED IT.

GOOD CATCH !!!

•  

I think Johnny Weir would be jealous of Hokies shoe collection

•  

I thought I saw the same thing as well but could never get another good look. I'll definitely be watching for that when he skates again.

• 2989 points

i thought that is what i saw, but i was sitting there think, NO WAY.   But i glad im not the only one who saw that.   If he wins gold does that mean there is a chance for us to take home some more free stuff (HAHA wishful thinking i guess)

•  

bholley

I don't think Hokie has any flesh-colored shoes with bows and ruffles, so his shoe collection is too boring for Johnny Weir.   I blame my wife for making me watch figure skating.

•  

memphisunited

bholley

I don't think Hokie has any flesh-colored shoes with bows and ruffles, so his shoe collection is too boring for Johnny Weir.   I blame my wife for making me watch figure skating.

Glad I missed the figure skating -  that's what a second TV is for.  I would consider a peachy/tan shoe if those where available -  would have the leave the ruffles and bows for someone else.

GO HOKIES

•  

JustLikeSilk

Apolo Ohno was wearing what appeared to be a FootJoy F3 glove on his non-dominant (right) skating hand tonight. FJ just got about 10-15 seconds of prime-time TV exposure as he was watching the replay of the 1500 final on the track.  As he watched the fall he broguht his hand to his face in amazement...did anybody else see this??

There are photos of Apolo Ohno wearing his FJ glove, in the glove forum.

•  

Wouldn't that be cool? I think Ohno has been a great representative of his sport and his country -- plus he can dance!

•  

Nickpoz has a photo of Ohno under the GLOVES forum -- check it out!

•  

memphisunited

bholley

LOL I am not sure. I'd bet he has at least 1of the 3 but with so many he might have a hard time finding them.

•  

why yes I did...thought that was pretty cool and interesting...good catch on that.

•  

Maybe Hokie will be sporting Croc/Rabbit Fur MyJoys this spring......inquiring minds want to know.

I agree, I do think Ono had the FJ glove on last night....great add.

•  

Didn't catch any FJ gloves on Ohno.  I spend the majority of my Olympics watching the luge, all the snowboarding events and skiing events.  Figure skating isn't quite for me.

•  

Hey Eric, Ohno is a short track speed skater just so you know!!