Forums

Home Made Swing Plane Trainer

•  

The guys at my home course built a pretty nice swing plane trainer. Pretty simple design made out of a sheet of plywood and some 2x4's. The legs can be adjusted for different swing plane angle since everyone is different. I have some pictures I will try to post and I attached a few of them. Let me know what you think. This is something you could actually build for yourself and use in the back yard. I have used it a few times and it really helps. It's covered on the front side with some outdoor green turf like material. All the parts can be purchased at any local Home Depot or Lowes.

•  

Pretty impressive JBrown...fine looking craftsmanship...

•  

Good design.Like the fact it's adjustable. Jealous of the fact it appears to be @ a golf course and some guy in the back ground is wearing shorts.

•  

VERY nice, you made that?!  Hope it works well for you! 

•  

This looks really nice. I've toyed with the idea of trying to make one that is a complete circle out of PVC, got some plans but the hard part seems to be getting the arc right. This looks extremely doable, thanks for sharing.

•  

Ty that was my thought exactly!!

•  

Sad to say this but ... I didn't make it, the guys in the pro shop at my home course had it made. Not sure exactly who made it but, it is something that could be easily built with materials from any local lumber yard. I have used it several times though and it does work well. It keeps your swing in plane throughout. It's great for embedding muscle memory for your swing since you pretty much swing exactly the same every time using it. Glad you guys like it and maybe some of you can build one too to take advantage of this training aid.

•  

Either way, it's a cool idea.  I am glad it helps!

• 1525 points

JB,

Very nice. That would be great in a garage over the winter. Maybe you could get the plans and share with us. Thanks for showing the pics also.

•  

Looks like it would be fairly simple to make. Might have to put some time and thought into building one.

•  

Hey Tyler, maybe JB can ask the boys in the shop for the blue prints?  Make it easier for you if you truly wanted to make one.