Forums

A New Fashionista!

•  

OK folks, be on the lookout! REALWOMENGOLF is now in the house and she's got some big plans. Check out:

http://realwomengolf.blogspot.com/2009/12/myjoy-of-christmas.html

Hokies, she is looking to acquire 44 pairs of MyJoys! She just put it right out there.. in plain sight. And I sense she'll be pushing EM pretty soon as "blogger du jour", even though Eric has a commanding lead!

Mondo, Shaun, and I are also now going to have to contend with a former figure skater. What the heck? As any former "rink rat" will attest, hockey players and figure skater didn't mix well together, so I'm sure additional competitions will be springing up here. Stay tuned.

Welcome aboard "Jonesy"... You should have some comraderie here with the FJ folks. Good looking blog as well.

•  

Yes, welcome realwomengolf! If you guys have not read her blog, you should. She's not only competitive, she's funny! I'm a big fan.

•  

Yeah Tar Heel, I've read some of her postings...she is looking to try to make a name for herself, looks like we will have to "straighten her out"

I remember the good old days when we'd take those figure skaters skates and put small clear strips of tape on their blades and watch them hit the ice...LITERALLY!!!

We've got tricks realwomengolf...we'll be gentle though...WELCOME TO THE SITE!!!

•  

Dang! I have a way of getting myself into situations. This fall I had to announce to the world that I intended to drop my 15.2 index to 9.9 by Oct. 31. I failed by one stupid tenth–ended up at a 10.0. If I only end up with 43 MyJoys, I'll be cool with that.

As for the figure skating, we can all get along fine as long as we have an understanding. I grew up in MN and would sometimes go skate outside on one of the many local rinks for fun. Then the hockey players would show up and demand the ice. I'd hand it over, on one condition—they let me play. They grimaced at first, but quickly learned I wasn't a bad team member—even if I wore "white" skates.

Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to meeting other golf nuts.

•  

I look forward to her insight and participation.  The more the merrier.  Welcome Jonesy.

•  

TarHeel, I too just checked out her blog and we are all in for a run for the shoes. Fortunately I don't need all the shoes that gohokies and jonesy are shooting for. My years of golfing are getting shorter but are getting better because I enjoy it more. It is no longer a try for the low handicap, but a try for a lower score than the last round.

•  

Plus what a great sense of humor. I think she is more Hanson than Hamill.

•  

Aw shucks! I remember your blog being seriously entertaining. The pictures alone would crack me up. Add your commentary and I was buckled over.

•  

HA! Can't count how many times I would start on the ice for practice with my skate guards still on my blades. OUCH! (humiliation and a bruised butt ;o)

See why I traded my skates for spikes?

•  

lol I  think I was the only skater who didn't have the Hamill haircut. I opted for my trademark Princess Leia hairstyle instead. Yes,I do have photos, but I think I need to get to know you all better first.

•  

I'd also like the formally do the welcome to "Jonesy".  I think she might be a "full-time" daily blogger also.

Guys and GolfChick  -  she might need some help designing the 44 pairs -  I'll offer my advise -  or if she can wear ICONs - she could really take off with designs and colors.

Go HOKIES

•  

Thanks! I have to laugh at the words "full-time" daily blogger. Yes, I guess I am, but let me tell you the pay stinks! I'm pretty sure I make at least 2 cents/hour.

I'm always open to new shoes designs. The saddle shoe is close to my heart, but I'm open-minded. :o)

•  

realwomengolf

lol I  think I was the only skater who didn't have the Hamill haircut. I opted for my trademark Princess Leia hairstyle instead. Yes,I do have photos, but I think I need to get to know you all better first.

Going to have to show us those pictures for sure!

•  

Wecome to the club Jonesy,I hope you enjoy the site.

•  

I know I'll regret this, but here goes nothing. Go easy on me. I was just a kid.