Forums

Toyota Cross Marketing...

•  

FJ Cruiser shown in Army Green

So I was driving behind one of these today, and imagine my surprise! Look at that logo on the tire carrier! That's a little close to the FJ brand mark isn't it?

•  

A friend on mine had one of those "FJ" vehicles about 3 years ago.  Everytime I saw it I thought "FootJoy"  - I even think he had the "Driving a Titleist" bumper sticker on it.

Go HOKIES!

•  

The FJ Cruiser has been around for several years, and I've always wondered what the deal was. A friend bought one last year, but when I asked if there was a connection, she wasn't aware of one. Anyone have any insight?

•  

It is actually very close....wonder about logo/patent infringement.

Not a fan of the vehicle either...kind of ugly

•  

It sure looks close. Although the F is slightly different, it is too closein my estimation.

•  

I agree the FJ is close and I agree the car is ugly.  Wouldn't see me behind the wheel of that thing.

• 3195 points

It is very similar but I think its not a big deal because they arent competing products.  Now if Toyota starts making golf stuff or if FJ starts making cars, it might be a different story...

•  

So does anyone know what Toyota's FJ stands for? Fake Jeep?

•  

Nope Golfchick, FACTORY JOKE.

•  

Toyota FJ = Freaking Joke...

In all reality it stands for the engine type (f=gas, b=diesel) and body style (Jeep look alike) according to a website, so you were actually pretty close.

Interestingly, the original name was BJ... I think they were smart phasing that name out.

•  

At least everyone has the J correct -- JOKE

Whats the F stand for...remember, they will not let you post what everyone is currently thinking.

•  

Mondo, that was my original meaning for F, but I decided it wasn't appropriate even if I did use symbols as some of the letters.  I guess some things are just better off left behind.