Forums

FJ pride in the name of charity

•  

As part of Children in Need the staff of the Acushnet offices in St Ives, UK had a moustache or 'mooey' growing competition. There were a number of different marking criteria, from fullness, to colour, to comedy value to creative flair. Attached is a photo of FJ staffer Rich Fryer (aka, FryJoy) who didn't have to look far for his inspiration. So far our UK colleagues have raised over $3250 for Children in Need!

What do you think of Rich's "mooey?"

•  

Oh my... I laughed out loud and got stared at while at work... nice!  I showed everyone and they understood LOL.  Rich is in a league of his own.  I love it!

•  

Thats great. I am jealous, I can't even grow a soul patch.

Fryer you look like a bad 70's adult movie star.  Fryer is the man though... love our crazy Brits.   Cheers!!! 

•  

All I can say is that I hope he is married, I don't thinkk that he wiould do very well in the pub with that look!!

He deserves a raise for such dedication to the brand.

•  

Does the US offices ever do things like this?  May be something worth while and I'd love to contribute but can't really see myself sending it across the pond.

•  

Crazy Brits is right. Wonder what kind of looks he gets on the street, away from FJ people?

•  

Leave it to the Brits and their dry sense of humor. I remember a skit from Monty Pythons Circus where they had a Dept. of Silly Walks. that too, was a good laugh as is this. Maybe the good old USA  staff could dream up something similar and we could all get in on the designs.

•  

I hope he's not in outside sales for FJ...

Did he at least raise the most money for the charity????

•  

That is classic.  What an imagination.

•  

great moustache for a great cause

• 2941 points

Brilliant :)

I don't think many non-golfers would see it as the FJ logo, they'd just think he has an unusal growth pattern! I know this because that's what I thought at first! (In my defence it is Sunday, the morning after Saturday night, so brain usage is minimal......)

•  

well...did he raise a lot of money??

•  

Holy Mooey Batman! Did he get a bowl of soup with that?

OK Chris, I believe Rich has gone to the looney side. My goodness.

This certainly takes a confident lad, certainly unmarried (my wife would shoot me). As a couple of our team has stated, if young Rich didn't raise the most money, it wasn't for as lack of commitment or effort.

So now I'm thinking our man EMKelly needs to step up and commit in the same way. It will give him something to focus on, since he's over 1200 posts so far.... Besides, it would look so good on him!

•  

Impressive, thats the only word for that