Forums

Rocognition for Our Home Clubs

•  

Mike and Chris

"Here's my Question of the Week" for FJ

How can we as Ambassadors help get our respective home clubs recognized for being part of the FJ team. I was talking to the owner of my club this morning before my round and I was telling him about my involvement as an Ambassador for FJ, and he was interested in how this was doing. He told me how many pairs of FJ shoes he had sold this season, which was pretty good for a small club at a summer destination course in SW Michigan. I told him that when I was going to do my shoes in the spring that I would get them from him, but I'm only 1 person.

Is there some other way we can recognize our clubs through this site as supporters of FJ locally? I really want my involvement here to also benefit my home club. Not sure what to do really, but open to talk it through....

•  

I'm with my ACC brothern here -  I know that my golf course shop - just received two more pairs of ICON Saturday.  They are doing shoe designs for members representing the member's favorite school and handing them the printed copy -  suggesting they may want to order a pair.

•  

Tar Heel

Mike and Chris

How can we as Ambassadors help get our respective home clubs recognized for being part of the FJ team. I was talking to the owner of my club this morning before my round and I was telling him about my involvement as an Ambassador for FJ, and he was interested in how this was doing. He told me how many pairs of FJ shoes he had sold this season, which was pretty good for a small club at a summer destination course in SW Michigan. I told him that when I was going to do my shoes in the spring that I would get them from him, but I'm only 1 person.

Is there some other way we can recognize our clubs through this site as supporters of FJ locally? I really want my involvement here to also benefit my home club. Not sure what to do really, but open to talk it through....

This is a great idea and we obviously do whatever we can to support our accounts! One quick and simple way to help them gain recognition is to, not only mention them in the Community, but link to their website. You can add hot links to any post simply by highlighting the text and then clicking on the chain link icon in the menu bar at the top of this text box. Then enter the URL for the club and people can click on the club name and go to their site. It's something we try to do all the time. Also, just by mentioning them on the site, you're putting their name in front of thousands of people and, as you've already seen, people on the community are always looking for course recommendations in certain parts of the country so you're sure to get folks linking to their site. This might be a good start. What do you think?

•  

Chris

Thanks for the reply so quickly. How about this too...

Can we add a link site on our individual Ambassador pages under our home course name? That way a hot link is right there for folks that are checking us out.

Also, what about a "Map View" by state that when you click on Michigan you see a list of all the Ambassador home courses. That's a fast way for people to see who we are supporting and all of our places to play. What do you think about that?

Any way to keep my guys in business another year!

•  

Chris Garrett

Tar Heel

Mike and Chris

This is a great idea and we obviously do whatever we can to support our accounts! One quick and simple way to help them gain recognition is to, not only mention them in the Community, but link to their website. You can add hot links to any post simply by highlighting the text and then clicking on the chain link icon in the menu bar at the top of this text box. Then enter the URL for the club and people can click on the club name and go to their site. It's something we try to do all the time. Also, just by mentioning them on the site, you're putting their name in front of thousands of people and, as you've already seen, people on the community are always looking for course recommendations in certain parts of the country so you're sure to get folks linking to their site. This might be a good start. What do you think?

great idea, would there also be a way to track the shoe sales from the club and possible make the golf shop a FJ Ambassador? Thinking a sign they can hang to show they are really behind the brand. Possbly give them access to limited edition items?

•  

Thanks for the information Chris, will share with my local club as well.

•  

I like Tar Heels idea of being able to add the web address to your profile.  That would make it easy for people to see where you are playing out of.  Kind of useless if you link to a private club because people can't play there but I would still link to my course in case anyone wanted to see what it's like or something.

•  

ya this is a great idea